Busco Beach Official Photos: 2012 Edition

Sounds like everyone had a great time! Weather looked perfect! But we demand more pics!

Oh, the weather was GORGEOUS! It was warm during the day and cool at night. The only way it could have been any better would have been if we had been the only crowd in the park.

Thursday night got a little bit chilly in the tent. Friday during the day it was warm enough we trail rode nearly all day (after getting steve's clutch problem solved). Friday night everyone in our camp went to bed with a little bit of "liquid sleeping pill" in their system.

Saturday the wind blew steady from the south all day but there were so many quads/dirtbikes flying around everywhere that it was a haze of dust all day long and the sand drags lasted long into the night. Saturday night I tucked in early and snuggled up with my pillow and a set of earplugs! :D

well i gotta say this was the best time in the 3 yrs ive been there by far..the weather was perfect, there was no ride ending breakdowns for anyone, well other than scot and steve and tearing apart his blasty 17 times before finally finding the prob lol u guys are the most paitent mofos ive ever seen lol (all hail the rusty parts bucket) lol...but anyway..thanx again to everyone that came out...kyle(thanx for taken over driving homie) lol..james for trying to persue me not to tape a flashlight to my helmet for a night ride on the RM lol (still didnt work)..megan, it was awesome gettin the chance to roost ya, when u couldve gotten me good on that 4x4 lol....seen my cooler anywhere by the way lmao...james and jess, always as cool and fast as ever lol.good seeing u guys again..and all the others mmajay(thanx for the beers man lol), surf, conquest(love the 18's man), braap(thanx for the main jet on the rm brother), paulieb and the badass shee lol, tater, denny, E2S scot, amy and melvis lol, ..i know im forgetting some, but killer time for sure...anway heres some pics from my crappy phone

noobs on the shee on the mx track
buc_zpsfc3d41a9.jpg

conqest on 18's lol
buc1_zps33d98c7d.png

taters trail ride
buc10_zpsdf8e9bc3.png

some sic shee james came over on
buc11_zps54e21f65.png

drag lineup for tnt
buc13_zps674fdde1.png

buc12_zps77d6216b.png

buc2_zpsf10ddeb7.png

noobs, jess, and james
buc6_zps434f0bf5.png

awesome pics everyone, like freek said, this year was by far the most fun i have had in the 3 yrs i have gone. the drag event seemed beyond poorly run, crazy long waits between runs, rule changes to favor locals and 4 strokes not being able to stage as usual but the trail riding and play racing was great. weather was perfect and the people were beyond cool. cant wait to see everyone again next year!!

I was a sorry mo fracker this year. I only took one pic the whole time. I didn't even hurt myself to entertain either. We all had a great time and their wasn't too many annoying "bugs" aorund to drive us crazy. It is always difficult taking 2 untested quads to a ride where you do everything in your power to break them. lol All the issues were minor. I sheared 2 woodruff keys due to over reving when missing second and accidentally slamming into second and about 7 grand. replaced that one and only had a used one to replace it that already looked rough. sheared that one on the drag strip. but a short trip to the local dealer got that problem takin care of first thing the next morning.

oh yeah and the drags were the most poorly ran I have ever seen. it was ran like the show pinks pretty much. but everyone just sand bagged the whole time. no real racing. fugging gay as hell. and it took so long between runs it wasn't worth watchin

All the pics I see of Scots blasty its clean as a whistle...it looks just as good muddy

Hell it was clean in all the pix on there. Busco dirt is not normal dirt. it is a sand clay mix. It sticks to everything. It doesn't just hit and run off it is half glue and velcro I think. hit's and sticks and doesn't come off without persuetion.

this still isn't it's dirtiest point

2my6w4w.jpg

Here's the few pics I managed to take. Nothing too special this year. I was too sick to care most of the time, and too excited to ride the rest of the time to bother taking good pics. :D

Camp

photobucket-30540-1348452850062_zpse81c7dfd.jpg

James wrenching on his dragger

photobucket-26795-1348452818401_zps1dd05e8f.jpg

A quick snap of the camera when nobody was really paying attention

photobucket-1034-1348452798809_zpse16fde13.jpg

Scot taking a break on his Blasty

photobucket-6437-1348452767391_zps357a6824.jpg

How the go-kart looked at the start of the trip...

photobucket-20322-1348452718037_zpse7365053.jpg

...and the go-kart by the end of the trip. Oops! We gave it so much Hell, I'm surprised nothing else broke!

photobucket-33003-1348506567524_zps05b4ce9f.jpg

And, lastly, the stock grab bar on my Blaster is finally toast after Junior launched too hard and stood it straight up. I didn't know he had never gotten any practice launching on a machine with a 2-stroke engine until it was too late. BUT, we all had a good laugh and no permanent damage was done. Fun trip overall!

photobucket-1087-1348506625546_zps27f0757c.jpg

Aw, thanks, Braaap. LOL. I wish you'd caught me ready, so it could have been a better picture, but I'm super glad someone got me when I was super messy, after our trail ride.

Poor Noobs if I had known he was delt such a chitty hand he could have slept in my tent B)
It was cool hangin out with you guys and talking shop with civic. Freek as always was chillin and cool to hang with.
I saw that race Sic did against that old streetbike motor hybrid.
I didn't take too many pics this year but I have a few to show and a video once I get around to editing it.
I had the most fun thursday and friday night. Saturdays official drag race was SLOOOOOOW and like others said poorly run- the track was dangerous at some times with the racers falling into the grooves at the end.
I remember racing mmajay's 800 Outlander a bunch of times.
Surfrjags trial rides with his lil girl on the tank was the best- thanks for convincing me to put my butt on the tank when racing lol
One of the best if not the best trips there yet. The weather was perfect an NO RAIN!
Here's some pics:

James and Jess's dynamic duo
P1030034.jpg

RJATV's 10mil
P1020020.jpg

My camp- thats N1ck N1tro's chair not mine lol
P1020026.jpg

The Hurricane Shee
P1030033.jpg

Sic triple
P1030029.jpg

Some mud truck I thought was cool
P1030036.jpg

Last edited:
I guess they let the dude take the truck down off the trailer, after all. I was behind him when he was pulling in, and they were telling him it was not allowed to get off. LOL.

I guess they let the dude take the truck down off the trailer, after all. I was behind him when he was pulling in, and they were telling him it was not allowed to get off. LOL.

I saw him run it twice. I don't think it made a full pass. It sounded good though and tilled the track real nice lol

That must have been what all the fuss was about, then. He was yelling something, but the guy at the gate just kept saying, "You can't take that thing on the trails!"

awesome pics and vids guys! by far the best year at busco yet! great time, great people and good food. we will have our pics/vids up later tonight after we sort them out and upload