Busco Beach Official Photos: 2012 Edition

the_mrs

Oct 2, 2011
Alrighty, guys. I know most of you are still driving, but here's us a picture thread. I'll get us started, with just a few of mine. It took hours for Photobucket to get them all up, and I've still got tons to do before bed, but I'll drop in a few.

Gorgeous Sunset
DSCF1005_zpsa6feb44b.jpg

Scot's Cousin Steve, working
DSCF1007_zps9fbcbb17.jpg

The view from our camping spot
DSCF1008_zps91093e68.jpg

The Cave
DSCF1010_zps6143c76a.jpg

Scot giving instructions
DSCF1011_zps89eafd6e.jpg

Checking out the ride
DSCF1012_zps2491a5f7.jpg

Freek and Noobs. So glad they made it, this year.
DSCF1013_zps338fc0e7.jpg

Civic discussing Blaster workings, no doubt.
DSCF1014_zps4b952c8f.jpg

Scot Chillin'.
DSCF1016_zps896d9678.jpg

mmajay's Candied Ham. Civic got it a little muddy, for him.
DSCF1027_zpse7ea273a.jpg

Hope you guys throw some more up here, when you get unloaded. Start stories and such, too!

You didn't get a single picture of quads actually getting worked on? Considering we had one quad or another apart a total of 6 times this weekend, I figured we would have had at least a few pics!

How the dragger returned:

DSCF1075_zpsdacab899.jpg

The prairie after "the mud":

DSCF1076_zps8236b03e.jpg

The monster we got going for noobs to ride:

DSCF1077_zpsf64cbc2d.jpg

Braap's ride
DSCF1029_zps22677d4d.jpg

3mill
DSCF1030_zpsf43cbb07.jpg

The view from the track
DSCF1033_zps83c2b5fb.jpg

Different Angle
DSCF1034_zps955a4118.jpg

This picture doesn't even begin to cover the story of how many people were there, this weekend.
DSCF1035_zps6816a901.jpg

Lining up
DSCF1036_zpsf26f7532.jpg

mmajay hanging out with everyone
DSCF1041_zpsb0674a26.jpg

Conquest showed up with his dragger
DSCF1044_zps1f8ca209.jpg

Braap and Scot
DSCF1048_zpsf8a48fbd.jpg

If that hill in the background could talk, man, could it tell some stories. "You'll never believe this..."
DSCF1051_zps0b41b895.jpg

Story time!

We (civic and myself) finally showed up around 3:45, on Thursday afternoon. We promptly found the camp we wanted, and before we knew it, Noobs came riding over to us. A few more minutes pass, and we're joined by Freek, Scot, and Scot's cousin Steve. After a lot of cussing and a little arguing, we got the tent set up and unloaded the machines for a ride.

I was on the Prairie, of course, and the guys were all on these zippy little machines. I fully expected to hold them back, or at least for them to run off and leave me. We were rolling through the trails with 6 quads, and had a freakin' blast. I was even lucky enough to be "roosted" by Freek. He slung mud all over me. LOL. All of the guys we rode with were amazing. Never once did they complain about us going a little slower in the trail, or at least not that I was aware of, nor did they run off and leave me stranded. I have to say, our little group was the most amazing set of riders I've ever been out with. Super considerate of everyone, and just plain fun.

That night was fairly uneventful, other than dinner. Noobs brought me my first helping of Spiedies. Those things are AMAZING, and I'm fixin' to look on Amazon.com for the sauce. We ate, bathed, and sat around talking to 3mill, Paulie, and yamaha-girl.

Speaking of Noobs, the poor guy's friends were out to get him. He borrowed camping supplies from like 3 different people. It was literally like they all called each other up and decided to give him all their kids' stuff. He had a tent he couldn't lay straight in, a sleeping bag that came up to his chest, and a tiny little kid's chair. He went to bed early Thursday night after the drive, and that's when Paulie, 3mill, and yamaha-girl came over for a visit. One of them looked at his tent and said, "Is this for your pets?" I said, "No. It's Noobs." Someone goes, "Is he actually going to sleep in there?" to which one of the guys camping with us answers, "It's okay. He's laying diagonal."

End day one.

All the pics I see of Scots blasty its clean as a whistle...it looks just as good muddy

Well I know I had a good time. Came with no ride yet everyone was awesome enough to take me for a ride. I cant wait for next year! Oh and I ate megan's muffin and I liked it :)
Ill put in some of my pics in a few. Im more exhausted from coming home and cleaning and crap than I am from the weekend lol. Thank You to everyone I got to hang out with for showing me an A-MAZING time.

Have a few more!

The truck I was making googly eyes at, all weekend
DSCF1055_zpsae465d8e.jpg

Representin'
DSCF1057_zps03eff271.jpg

Our camp
DSCF1058_zpsd57881a6.jpg

Busco only SEEMS like a rough and tumble place. I found this little beauty, right behind our tent.
DSCF1059_zpsa2ff0d3b.jpg

Hey, Aimee!
DSCF1060_zps0e81035f.jpg

Scot had gas.
DSCF1061_zpsc227e2fd.jpg

DSCF1062_zps4a7b4004.jpg

Freek says, "How in the world am I going to get this thing back in the truck?"
DSCF1064_zpse645e239.jpg

We thought he was actually going to hop it up in there.
DSCF1067_zps95725371.jpg

Here they come to save the day!
DSCF1068_zps01a33b2c.jpg

Sometimes, all you need is friends.
DSCF1069_zpsbc6a471b.jpg

Tossing the loaner quad back on the trailer
DSCF1070_zps52aacd52.jpg

My "significantly less sh*tty" looking seat
DSCF1071_zps3e3a233d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we all made it back in one piece. Thanks for the fun times, everybody! I had a blast, and my friend Junior felt very welcome among the group.

Im very surprised at how productive today was. I actually have everything unloaded from the truck, all the food from the coolers is put up, and all the dirty laundry from the trip has been washed.

However, all the above likely wouldn't have happened had the gokart not fallen apart on the last day out. Scottj77, Steve, Junior, and I were riding all the way out by the river at the edge of the park when one of the a-arm bolts came loose on the kart. Since the idiot engineers designed a slotted mounting bracket instead of a closed mounting bracket for the a-arm, the right lower a-arm slid out and dropped down on one side. This caused a tie rod to bend. SO, I had to limp the kart back to camp with one wheel sitting about 60 degrees off center. Tough ride. That ended our riding for Sunday, so Junior and I were loaded and gone by 1pm. Oh well. It can be fixed. Better luck next year!

Last edited:
Sad to hear that the gokart didn't survive everything Busco could throw at it!

The_mrs sure did appreciate you soaking her completely riding around on that thing. I wished I had got pictures, she looked like a soggy dog when yall got back.

Sad to hear that the gokart didn't survive everything Busco could throw at it!

The_mrs sure did appreciate you soaking her completely riding around on that thing. I wished I had got pictures, she looked like a soggy dog when yall got back.

Lol, Im glad she had fun! Too bad y'all and Blasterbabe had to leave so early this morning. I could have given more rides! :D

I would so have loved to get muddy before we left for the day lol. He was in a hurry to get home so we could watch the games. Nice surprise was when we got home twc our local cable company had added the nfl network woot woot. I still think I would have had more fun getting muddy from head to toe lol.

It completely sucks out loud that the cart didn't make it. I wonder if our little nose-dive into the swamp might have had anything to do with it...LOL. That thing is crazy fun.

And finally, me and some of my buddies.

Noobs, me, Freek
DSCF1072_zps41d96f98.jpg

Braaap, me, Scot, Steve
DSCF1073_zps26ff3331.jpg

Take #2, since civic thought the first one was too dark. But the second is blurry. LOL.
DSCF1074_zpsa69fd56d.jpg

That wraps up my pics, for the most part. I can't wait to see what everyone else got!