brute force

Surfrjag

Mar 18, 2010
chesapeake, va
my brother just got a broke down brute force. i beleive its an 05 750. i think he wants to get high compression pistons and some hotcams. i dont know much about these 4x4's but since i will be tearing into the motor if someone knows some mods that would be good for it and maybe some to avoid. thank for any help i will get some pictures up asap!

make it a high perf brute!! snorkel, exhaust, and im pretty sure someone makes a bbk for the brute

thanks guys, so far i have on the list

high compression pistons (weisco)
hotcams
dyna cdi
snorkle kit
rad relocation kit
not sure on the tires yet but they will most likely be last
dont know anything about the clutch or belt but once i do i can add to the list.. lol

32" gorilla silverbacks on 14" crushlocks snorkle bbk if you can find one get a rotax muffler (loudest muffler ever made) clutch kit aftermarket belt take your floorboards out (so the 32's can fit)

your gonna have to change the springs in the clutch or you wont be able to spin a larger tire. clutch springs are a must! the forum i posted a link to is like the blasterforum to the brute force world. tons of info . look into catch can. they have issues with going uphill for extended periods. if you lift it. it WILL go through axle's unless you buy gorilla axles and they go bad as well and cost an arm and leg. silverback tires are sick i ran 28" on stock clutch springs and it ran great. the clutch spring is kinda like your gear ratio to these. do yourself the favor and read a little over at mudinmyblood. then share the cool stuff with us.. lol
blasterforum is one of the best sites period. imo
thats why im still around here but not much info on the brute forces here.. good luck man
heres a pic of my old brute
bruce.jpg

Last edited:
got the cylinders off and cleaned up. going to order some weisco 11.5:1 pistons stk bore and have the valves reseated and possibly replace the valves. not sure yet. then go with a hotcam stg 1. the clutch is going over to vforcejohn in pa. he does great clutch work from what i understand.. sorry i didnt get any pics of it before it was tore down but ill get something once i start assembling everything :)

went and got some tires for it today. 30" mudlites i think.. ordered a bunch of parts so i should be able to get the motor halfway together. waiting on cams to be reground and clutch to come back from being modified.

photobucket-22414-1344535541953.jpg

i think he wants to put them on stock rims for now till he can buy some rims. more concerned now with getting the lift on (2") with wheel spacers, snorkle, rad relocation, and getting the motor running. i havent even checked to see if those rims are the right size for the tires. tomorow i am taking the head over to put the new valvsprings in. may have cylinders and head on by the end of the week. still going to be waiting on cams for another 2 weeks probobly. i hate waiting for parts...

they should fit if the tires are 12" rims but if you go with getting diffrent rims you should be able to get crushlocks pretty cheap iv got a gut that will make all 4 and you can have designs cut out in them for $150 for all 4 im pretty sure ill have to talk to my neibor and make sure

if you would pm me with more info on them once you talk to your neighbor. i asked my bro about it and he is interested. thanks!!

we got some progress on the machine yesterday. installed the front lift and tore into the timing chains.

photobucket-34812-1345147832653.jpg

with the lift in the front

photobucket-38637-1345147801679.jpg

we got the clutch back from vforcejohn and let me tell you this thing looks prestine!! also a spring, not sure what that does yet....

photobucket-15804-1345147787348.jpg

we went with a regrind stg2 cam and still waiting on that and a pretty large order from cheapcycleparts.com

The Different color Springs are Different Spring Rates , Snowmobiles have similar drive systems and I'm Familiar with them , In between races on my Nephews I would take Green scrub pad and scuff up the inner clutch there where the belt rides , after a good holeshot it was needed to take rubber off it !

ill call him now and that spring acts like a clutch the higher the rpms get the more pressure gets put on the spring and when the spring gets enough pressure on it it will make the pully turn (dont know how exactualy how it works but it is somthing like that)

Last edited:
started installing the lift on the rear of the brute force. we found that upper shock mount on one side wasnt even welded on the back side and had broken the weld on the top.

photobucket-31277-1345429330214.jpg

so i went ahead and welded it back on

photobucket-16998-1345429354883.jpg

so now the rear lift is installed

photobucket-37563-1345429310879.jpg