bought a bike last night!!

gizzy2014

Rippin' Hard
Jul 22, 2012
dickinson ND
well guys i now own a 2005 kx250, im the third owner, the guy i got it from got it from steve hatch he is/was a pro enduro rider and this was his practice bike, is what i was told. it even came with steve's "kawasaki green team" plastics s a second set, it has brand new plastics and stickers on it now, needs nothing right now, but a new front tire will be needed soonish.

has pro circuit pipe and pro circuit shorty muffler, some sort of triple clamps, i haven't completely looked at every part on it yet to see what brands they are, has a steering stabilizer mount welded on the frame by handlebars but no stabilizer also has a head mod down by some shop in billings he told me, he gave me 2 quarts of transmission oil, and a half gallon of klotz premix oil with it, also i was supposed to go get it today, which would have been an 11 hour round trip to billings Montana, but he called me last night and asked if i would meet him half way in mile city montana so he could have today free, wasnt going to turn that down

list of stuff to do:
fix front brake (done, it was leaking on a banjo bolt)
get new lever
figure out what front tire i want (suggestions?? its really hard dry dirt around me in ND)
and ride it!!

anyway i have 2 pictures right now for you

Last edited:
Add to your list of things to do, my favourite topic, leak test.

If indeed that bike came from a pro racer, I would be very inclined to check the jetting, racers often jet on the lean side for extra oomph.

Add to your list of things to do, my favourite topic, leak test.

If indeed that bike came from a pro racer, I would be very inclined to check the jetting, racers often jet on the lean side for extra oomph.

yeahs its been the guy i got it from since 2006, he took really good care of it by the looks of it, its on a fresh rebuild he told me, and he re built the transmission a year ago with new crank and all the bearings and seals

ok, so i was riding it today and the clutch was working good, but the last 20 minutes it wouldn't disengage completely, but almost all the way, and when i pulled up to me truck it didnt work and i killed it when i stopped,

cable is needed i know that, and i drained the oil cause it was kinda dark, so i thought id pop the clutch cover off while there was no oil in it, the plates were kinda stuck together so i wiped the old oil off them all

so heres my question.... can i file this basket or if i do will it create too much "slop/slack" in the clutch and should just order a new basket.... which arent all that cheap cause from what i have looked so far there arent really any stock ones all aftermarket

is a wiseco basket good?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wiseco-Precision-Forged-Clutch-Basket-w-Fasteners-Kawasaki-KX250-1992-2005-/181425377349?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2005|Model:KX250&hash=item2a3dcb9045&vxp=mtr

pics of basket, the inner is good yet, marks but i ran a screw driver over them and it doesnt catch up on the marks

Last edited by a moderator:
I would file the fingers down, even if you don't completely remove the groves, least it will be longer before the clutch starts feeling notchy.

Let me know how that leak down goes on that PV engine. ha ha ha

I would file the fingers down, even if you don't completely remove the groves, least it will be longer before the clutch starts feeling notchy.

Let me know how that leak down goes on that PV engine. ha ha ha

Yeah I plan to do both of those today.... plug chop..... Idk where I'm gunna do that, haven't found a place to get this thing higher than third gear

Maybe because I just woke up and I'll get it later.... but why are u laughing about leak test?

That basket looks fileable.

Filing it will not make any more slop than it has already!

You can do a plug chop in 3rd gear, just drag the brakes on and make the engine work hard.

That basket looks fileable.

Filing it will not make any more slop than it has already!

You can do a plug chop in 3rd gear, just drag the brakes on and make the engine work hard.

Ok will do, the rear brake is almost too good on this thing, locks up too quick for my liking... but atleas

Basket is all filed and works good now, still going to get a cable, didn't have time to leak test or plug chop yet though

Here was Steve's plastic

well leak test is good, and lug chop is just alittle rich but ill live with it that way, also well two weeks ago now me and a guy from work went out to glendive MT, heres a vid of him riding using my gopro

also thought i would add that my blaster finally died, 11 years on stock bore and piston, and rings started to catch on exhaust port wearing around the port on one side causing blow by assume and it has no compression anymore and doesnt run, so i ordered piston from ken, and then discovered there isnt any where around here that does boring, so i will probably send it to ken, along with the piston i ordered from him..... oh well i guess