bought a 2007 kx85

gizzy2014

Rippin' Hard
Jul 22, 2012
dickinson ND
hey guys i know ive been off for quite awhile now.... just busy with work all summer and senior year of high school this year so a little update about myself.

i am going for welding next fall when college starts, already accepted for that

and i bought a 2007 kx85 2 weeks ago, it now has a problem where it doesnt like to downshift to first.... just goes to neutral have to shift down like 5-10 times for first to kick in....... so need to fix that but otherwise only thing the bike needs is a seat cover.

sorry i didn't add pictures, i got the downshift sorted out, turns out the shift lever was just bent and hitting the frame so i got a new hammerhead one for it, fixed the problem, also got a brand new Michelin starcross MS2 rear tire yesterday for it for $30 on sale..... dont need it yet but hey cant pass up a cheap tire

ill try to get pictures posted tomorrow as it is too dark now to take some

question..... i dug really deep in the bike today to check more stuff out on it

and it has carbon fiber reeds in it..... so question being... are these stock?? it is a stock reed cage i think just reeds are replaced on it

The kid i got it from wasn't lying it is rebuilt with a wiseco piston I:I

and everything checks out good on the bike... only need a new card to motor intake boot, and get a mount on my radiator welded back on that i will have my grandpa.