Boggs after rebuild

Conner Jones

Dec 16, 2018
I just rebuilt the top end on my blaster, it ran alright before the rebuild. Now it idles fine, but the second I hit the throttle it boggs down and dies. Theres slightly more smoke than normal too. I cleaned out the carb too so that shouldnt be the problem

A boog is usually a ecsesivly lean or rich condition.did you change needle position By chance.should be middle clip position

I figured it out. My parking brake waa acting up and causing the motor to bog down. I unplugged the parking brake wire, and it runs great now. Seems like its a tad rich at full throttle though. Is this normal after a bore and rebuild?

I figured it out. My parking brake waa acting up and causing the motor to bog down. I unplugged the parking brake wire, and it runs great now. Seems like its a tad rich at full throttle though.
Is this normal after a bore and rebuild?
Time to eliminate the TORS Brain
Pre 03 unplug brain, 3 wire plug under the hood. 03-06 do a search, have to cut/splice a wire

You should break it in for about a tank of gas before going wide open throttle for any length of time.let the rings seat.i know it's hard not to.but you only get one chance to seat rings.then you can do wot pulls to see where jetting is.glad you found it.now you know why everyone unhooks that stuff