Bogging issues

Jul 13, 2011
Its been a long time since I've been on here. I've had my 02 Blaster for probably around 10 years. When I went to build it I used this forum allot. The members on this forum were great!
So I've had my blaster in storage for 3 years. The last time it was rode was 2 summers ago and it ran great. Its always run great and never breaks down. It was usually the last machine standing on big trips.
I recency moved into a rural area and I'm going to hand it down to my 15 year old boy. It fired on the first kick. Amazing! But it wasn't running the best. I pulled the carb off and I found the typical green corrosion and gunk. I pulled it all apart and boiled the carb. I put it all back together and ripped around for a couple minutes and it was running great. Then all of a sudden it fell on it face. It started bogging with any throttle. I barely made it back up the drive. I pulled the intake box and its spaying so much fuel my hand was wet holding it near the throat. I tried a different plug. Made sure I had spark with a inline tester. I dropped the jets down to 52/152 from 60/160. I checked compression after it cooled off and I got 125 psi. Nothing helped. Anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: Awk08
Its been a long time since I've been on here. I've had my 02 Blaster for probably around 10 years. When I went to build it I used this forum allot. The members on this forum were great!
So I've had my blaster in storage for 3 years. The last time it was rode was 2 summers ago and it ran great. Its always run great and never breaks down. It was usually the last machine standing on big trips.
I recency moved into a rural area and I'm going to hand it down to my 15 year old boy. It fired on the first kick. Amazing! But it wasn't running the best. I pulled the carb off and I found the typical green corrosion and gunk. I pulled it all apart and boiled the carb. I put it all back together and ripped around for a couple minutes and it was running great. Then all of a sudden it fell on it face. It started bogging with any throttle. I barely made it back up the drive. I pulled the intake box and its spaying so much fuel my hand was wet holding it near the throat. I tried a different plug. Made sure I had spark with a inline tester. I dropped the jets down to 52/152 from 60/160. I checked compression after it cooled off and I got 125 psi. Nothing helped. Anyone have any ideas?
I would check first for broken reeds or. Not touching reed cage.pull carb and shine a light in there.

Reactions: Awk08