Blowing oil out the crankcase vent

lettuce420

Aug 13, 2012
gwinn mi
Im kinda new to the blaster it a 96 I recently eliminated the oil inj system the thing runs like a raped ape but i noticed after kind of a longer ride that oil was coming out the crankcase vent tube. There was kind of alot it was all over the chain and airbox. Any ideas I was told it was bored .50 over, I also disconnected the tores. Any help would be apreciated

Could be overfilled. 650ml no more no less.

Could be overheating, causing oil expansion, wrong jetting, change of oil/fuel ratio.

Could be the breather hose routed wrongly, should end up under the hood.

Could be crankcase seals allowing pressurisation, need leak down test.

Could be wrong viscosity of oil.

Does it smoke excessivly?

A second hand 2 stroke should be tested for air leaks on purchase and at least twice a season.

My blaster does that too, i have no pipe on it so it just comes out round the barrell doesnt smell like gear oil but and it runs perfect, Im using 600ml of gear oil changed every 10hours

My blaster does that too, i have no pipe on it so it just comes out round the barrell doesnt smell like gear oil but and it runs perfect, Im using 600ml of gear oil changed every 10hours

It need the breather pipe to terminate under the hood to avoid expansion syphoning.

If you take it swimming, the cooling will pull water into the open breather, let alone the dirt being sucked in there.

650ml of oil no more no less!

Im kinda new to the blaster it a 96 I recently eliminated the oil inj system the thing runs like a raped ape but i noticed after kind of a longer ride that oil was coming out the crankcase vent tube. There was kind of alot it was all over the chain and airbox. Any ideas I was told it was bored .50 over, I also disconnected the tores. Any help would be apreciated

"All over the chain and air box" tells me that you have a bad seal on the main axle (where the small sprocket is). Easy cheap fix. Remove chain, front chain gaurd, remove front sprocket, clean area spotless as possible. Get a drywall screw tap the screw with a hammer to make it easier to thread in, screw in about two threads being careful not to hit the bearing behind the seal. Now take a pair of pliers an pull the old seal out, clean the surface where the new seal will go, Put some masking /painters tape on the shaft splines just one layer to avoid damaging new seal-apply a small amount of tranny oil to the new seals inside lip. slide over the taped main shaft and use your fingers to push it flush may need a small tap from a screwdriver handle to make it flush all the way around, reinstall all the parts using blue loctite on the two bolts that hold the sprocket on the shaft. Drain the oil- if some can get out contamination can get in , put fresh 650ml of oil in - If that is not were it is leaking from, then sounds like the cahin made contact with the case at some point and rubbed through the clutch lever area that can be fixed with JB weld or have it welded properly.