Blaster Wont Idle!

nclaybourn

Apr 8, 2018
Hey guys this is my first post and I'm new to the blaster World! Any way just recently picked up a 1998 Blaster for next to nothing so I jumped on it. I could tell the compression was a little low but still runs and drives pretty good going to try and make it through the summer then rebuild it in the fall, anyway went I went to buy it, it would not idle at all. Like as soon as you let off the throttle it died. The reeds are in great condition, completely went through the carb took it apart clean every jet and now instead of just shutting off the quad slowly dies after about 5 seconds. The idle screw does nothing. So my first question is what could the cause be? Second question I had ordered a carb rebuild kit for it, when I went to rebuild it, none of the parts would fit? The main jet in my carb was about an inch or so long and the float valve that came in the kit was to small? It is a Mikuni carb. Sorry for being long winded! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Reactions: Larry's Shee
Might have gotten the wrong kit, or you don't have a genuine Mikuni carb. I don't care for those kits, a lot of stuff you don't need. Only thing that goes bad is the needle and seat for float , and gasket. Why they come with jet if they never wear out.

Dis you pull the emulsion tube main jet holder and clean iti? Did you set the float height? Blow compressed air through all passages? Set air screw on left side 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated to start.

Good spark plug? Air filter clean?

Last edited: