Blaster won’t start

Vinnie Vasquez

Jun 13, 2018
Hi everyone I am new to this page. I have been reading alot of comments and decided to join. The question I have is, I just bought a 2002 blaster. Good running quad no issues or anything. My brother and I went country riding and as we ended our trip my 4 wheeler boughed down and came to a complete stop. I was pushing the throttle but it was just puttering. First thing I thought was I flooded the spark plug. I didn’t mess with it for a couple days. I have changed the spark plug and coil and still nothing. I was told it could be my CDI box. I know it’s and easy fix but I don’t want to keep playing the guessing game. Would anyone have any helpful tips on what it could be? I have been reading some comments on the tors system. Would that have anything to do with it?

JK !!​
Avoiding the "shotgun approach is wise !! Should have done it to start with.
As you may have found out, the TORS is notorious for causing all kinds of weird problems. And each case is different. Yours being pre-03 all you have to do is unplug the 3wire brain box under the hood.

BTW, do you have any spark at all? We'll go from there.

JK !!​
Avoiding the "shotgun approach is wise !! Should have done it to start with.
As you may have found out, the TORS is notorious for causing all kinds of weird problems. And each case is different. Yours being pre-03 all you have to do is unplug the 3wire brain box under the hood.

BTW, do you have any spark at all? We'll go from there.
Yes I do have spark. I just put the new CDI box in. I can officially rule out the CDI box and the coil. I'm not sure where to go from there.

You need 3 things

Air
Fuel
Fire

Unless filter is obsenely dirty or over oiled air should be fine.

Is the plug wet? Do you have FRESH fuel ? Though many will say not to use starting fluid, it's far safer than playing with any kind of spray bottle of gasoline. You're only using it for diagnosis.
Don't make an ASH of yourself !!!
If it fires with fluid, you either have a dirty or plugged carb/fuel system or worn or broken reeds.

You have fire. BUT is it at the correct time ? You would have to pull the flywheel using the correct puller totxhexk the flywheel key. Is it a nice fat blue one or lazy yellow?

Might as well pull the carb and clean it. You can inspect the reeds while you have it off. Check fuel flow also. Gas cap vent should rattle when you shake it.

Please post results :D