Blaster want move

grizzard1

Apr 18, 2019
Just rebuilt crank and top end on 2001 blaster, got it back together and starts and runs fine. The problem is it will start in gear, but will not pull. While running you can put it in gear and it will not move but if you try to roll it the wheels lock up as if it’s in gear while engine is running, you can put it in neutral and it will roll? It will shift into all gears but will not pull? Any suggestions , thanks!

Something not right with the clutch assembly or adjustment of.
do you have the dots aligned ?

full

I didn’t even notice the dots?? I did time the engine crank marks, will check and reply back. If that’s the problem what a simple fix . Thanks!

I did not have the dots lined up, however it still doesn’t shift. It gets locked after a half turn of crank? I split the case again and found the single shift fork had dropped out of place. But still once the tranny starts turning the gears on that assembly isn’t meshing correctly and locks up the tranny. I did not remove any gears inside at all during crank assembly. The shifter did slide out somewhat, does the shifter have to be set to a specific orientation? Not sure at this point what has happened it was shifting perfect before the crank rebuild??