Blaster VS Suzuki DR-z 125

xxxalpinexxx80

May 19, 2008
Both with just a pipe. How much of a difference would 1 beat the other?

My brother has a blaster and my friend is selling is 03 Suzuki Dr-z 125 for $700. It is in very good condition and has an aftermarket pipe. I am not sure if it is a larger version or not but it's not too small. I might buy it, but only if i can hang in with my brother in the trails and not fall behind.

How about acceleration wise. Like if we were racing. Would it be right up with the blaster or would the blaster leave me in the dust.

Dr-z spec
Engine Type 4-stroke, 1-cylinder, air-cooled, SOHC
Bore x Stroke 57.0 mm x 48.8 mm
Engine Displacement 124 cm3 (cc)
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
Dry Weight DR-Z125L 80 kg (176 lbs
12hp at an impressive 9,500rpm and 10 Nm at 8,600rpm.

Blaster
Compression Ratio 6.6:1
Dry Weight 324 Lbs.
HP Rating: 18

i would just save the 700 dollars and buy an 85cc mx bike. then you would leave your brother in the dust.

But i think $700 dollars for that bike is an aftermarket pipe is a steal. Also, I want to try a 4-stroke. I am annoyed with the 2-stroke noise lol, or in other words bored. I bet after I drive a 4-stroke if I get this i'll want the 2-stroke feeling again. Also, I don't have to replace the top end all the time : )

what is an 85cc bike equivelant to in 4 stroke dirt bikes? Like a 150cc?

an 85cc is equivelant to a 150r. 150r's are High Performance 4 strokes and only honda makes them. an 85cc mx bike would beat a 230cc 4 stroke trail bike. the drz 125 only has 7-8 horsepower, while the cr85r has 17hp. a crf230f has only 11-12 hp. So my husqvarna lawn mower makes more horse power than both of those trail bikes.

I had a ttr 125 which is yami version.. Blasters faster...fun little bike tho

In comparison how much how much faster is the blaster? A lot or a lil. As in if we were drag racing would he be far ahead or jest buy a few feet in a straight trail like 15ft

But i think $700 dollars for that bike is an aftermarket pipe is a steal. Also, I want to try a 4-stroke. I am annoyed with the 2-stroke noise lol, or in other words bored. I bet after I drive a 4-stroke if I get this i'll want the 2-stroke feeling again. Also, I don't have to replace the top end all the time : )

Thats no good man, i was out ice fishing the other day there were quite a few sleds around, all 2 strokes damn they sounded good then this 4 stroke comes burning by thought it was a god damn snowblower

I used to own an 03' DRZ125 with a BBR pipe.
I sold it for $500.
It would be a good race and the Blaster will probably win by a lil.

I just want it to have similar acceleration and top speed. If the blaster is a bit faster i don't mind. I just don't want something underpowered