Blaster trouble, Help!

Swanitalia

Jun 4, 2013
Michigan
Okay, so My friend and me were riding the other day and he was going extremely hard on my baby. After he was done riding, it seemed like it lost all power in the gears. I can only give it 1/4 throttle, anything more it will just rev like crazy but not transfer any of that power to the wheels. She kicks perfectly, but it just seems like the power is not getting to the wheels. What could this be a issue with? Could the clutch be the problem or the top end?

I've done a compression test yesterday and it showed 155psi so that's good. I still need to make myself a compression tester for air leaks though. I was hoping it was the clutch because that's an easier fix then redoing the top end.

I've done a compression test yesterday and it showed 155psi so that's good. I still need to make myself a compression tester for air leaks though. I was hoping it was the clutch because that's an easier fix then redoing the top end.

If you have 155 psi of compression it is pretty fair to say ur top end is good for now! I'd reccomend looking at that clutch, there cheap and easy to fix, wouldn't hurt to upgrade anyways.

If you have never leak tested that bike I'd strongly reccomend that you do BEFORE you start it up again!
Awk08 sells them or u can make one urself from stuff from the hard ware store! Use the search fuction you will get a bunch of results!

Yes the cable is running freely and was recently lubed. Thank you for telling me about soaking the plates, i did not know that.