Blaster sometimes dies when given no throttle

Conner Jones

Dec 16, 2018
Ok so I recently rebuilt the carb on my blaster and changed spark plug and it ran really good. After a few weeks, now it drives good, but then when i pull in the clutch to slow down, half of the time it will stay running perfect idling, and the other half of the time it quickly dies when pulling in the clutch and slowing down. It also does this sitting still and idling. It will idle really good, then randomely die after like 40 seconds. Whats going on?

Im not sure about the reeds. Not exactly sure how you tell if those are bad. But whats weird is its ran fine for weeks, and now all of ghe sudden it does this. No changes to anything, just started out of the blue

Reactions: Awk08
Pull the carb out and look into the intake with a flashlight will show missing petal and maybe some large cracks/chips/gaps
To get a good view you'll need to pull the reed cage out.
always use new gaskets, light coat of yamabond or equivalent on both sides of the gasket, and not over tighten the intake bolts...
finger tighten, then 3.5 ft lbs. and final 7 ft. lbs max, all in an X pattern

I think i got it figured out possibly. After about a werk of it randomly dying, it wouldnt start at all. I checked the reeds and they were all busted. It might have been those the whole time.

Reactions: STurnerXM2010
I think i got it figured out possibly. After about a werk of it randomly dying, it wouldnt start at all. I checked the reeds and they were all busted. It might have been those the whole time.

upload_2019-10-4_17-52-0.jpeg