Blaster silencer repacking

Sorry to bring up an old thread but some of those ceramic insulation parts just turn to dust at high vibration that you would see in a 2 stroke exhaust. Could be a good experiment if you prove that wrong by finding the right one. But it's probably just money down the drain. I've heard of packing with standard house insulation but it apparently burns out faster. I used a little bit of coarse steel wool scrubbers around the perforated pipe, then fiberglass packing around that until it was bigger than the muffler body. Packed that all in while wearing rubber gloves and it sounds much better than the burned out packing that was in there before. The mats of packing are so cheap online, just get the right stuff instead of trying to rig your junk.

If you can't afford real packing.maybe you can't afford gas:rolleyes:
It's easy to install. And easy to remove when past life expectancy

Reactions: Cam defran
No clue to you reference to ceramic, but fiberglass will not burn. It will eventually get oil soaked and the oil will get cooked, no matter what you use.
S.S. Pot scrubbers isn’t any cheaper, but does give a different sound

No clue to you reference to ceramic, but fiberglass will not burn. It will eventually get oil soaked and the oil will get cooked, no matter what you use.
S.S. Pot scrubbers isn’t any cheaper, but does give a different sound
That's kinda what the kx I'm working on had in the silencer.ss packing looked factory. Weighed a ton.