blaster revs uncontrollably and kill switch won't work

crcoop

Apr 12, 2016
Please help! I'm about to lose my mind! I'm not sure if it's a carb issue or what. It will rev up like someone is holding throttle wide open and the kill switch or key won't shut it off. They work fine, otherwise. I have put in new reeds and even swapped carbs with another bike. I've had tors engaged and disabled and it still does it. I'm about to set it on fire! Cdi issues?

Awk, amember here sells them or you can make on yourself for around 20-30 from stuff at homedepot. do not use a car leak tester they are not the same.

Anybody know the reasoning behind the kill switch and key not working? Is just like a chain fire or what?

From my little understanding, an excessively lean condition causes extreme heat and the spark plug essentially becomes a glow plug and combustion continues.

Reactions: Larry's Shee
From my little understanding, an excessively lean condition causes extreme heat and the spark plug essentially becomes a glow plug and combustion continues.
That's what I was thinking. How do I send a message to someone directly? I need to contact awk08 about that leak down

Reactions: blasDa
Ah yes, auto-ignition run away, fun times, eh ?
FYI for you or others, best way to kill it is hold brakes, shift into 2nd, drop the clutch.

Odds are you warped the reed cage. Incrementally tighten bolts in criss cross pattern to 7lbs, ain't much.

Ah yes, auto-ignition run away, fun times, eh ?
FYI for you or others, best way to kill it is hold brakes, shift into 2nd, drop the clutch.

Odds are you warped the reed cage. Incrementally tighten bolts in criss cross pattern to 7lbs, ain't much.
Yeah that's what I had to do. Scared the crap out of me! Lol. Thing is super fast just gotta get this figured out.

I even put in a different reed cage just to ensure it wasn't something with that.

spots for possible leaks in order of likeliness

- Reed cage
- crank seals
- between case halves (no actual gasket, just a type of sealant)
- base gasket between case and cylinder
- head gasket between head and cylinder

spots for possible leaks in order of likeliness

- Reed cage
- crank seals
- between case halves (no actual gasket, just a type of sealant)
- base gasket between case and cylinder
- head gasket between head and cylinder
Ok thank you. I'll dig in and see what I can find

One thing that can't be checked is leaking carb cap/TORS unit, O and leak between carb and carb boot or air filter boot.
This would be a good place for starting fluid or unlit propane torch. Unfortunately with runaway situation that's not possible.
Tighten clamps or inspec5 is the best you can do. Look for cracks in arb boot or filter boot.

One thing that can't be checked is leaking carb cap/TORS unit, O and leak between carb and carb boot or air filter boot.
This would be a good place for starting fluid or unlit propane torch. Unfortunately with runaway situation that's not possible.
Tighten clamps or inspec5 is the best you can do. Look for cracks in arb boot or filter boot.
It doesn't runaway all the time. Like I can take it for a ride and it's fine then I stop and it just revs like crazy. Then it will start right back up and be fine then maybe rev up, maybe not