Blaster master

Almost done.

Need to top off the trans. Tighten a few bolts here and there. Give it a good once over. Taking it to the beach and ripping it for a bit, then flushing the trans one more time. Seems to run fine so far. PO told me it idled high when it warmed up. Or after an hour riding. So, I need to run it for a while and get it good and warm/hot. See if I have any air leaks I can find.

I trimmed the rear fenders. I like it. I want some heel guards. just not the stockers. Also, I am leaving the front fenders off since I mostly ride dunes. I don't mind getting muddy when I ride in the woods. So I bent the little fender tabs straight. Two 18 watt round LED lights are gonna get mounted there. I will probably disconnect the stock light. Just so I don't suck to much power. I may get a super small red LED light from Superbrightleds.com that runs virtually no power just to have that lit up red a bit. I think it'd look cool.

Pics cuz pics are cool mkay
20141214_114934.jpg

20141216_163350.jpg

20141216_163334.jpg

20141216_163325.jpg

For sure! Gotta get the axle nuts tightened to spec before I can take it for a rip. It hasn't done it with me. and was told it's when it warms up. so I can't really do much till I get it warmed up. There is a small riding area about 15 minutes from me. I'll go ride it and see if it does it. If so I will test the head/cylinder base and carb area thoroughly. if I don't find it I will spend ~35 bucks on some washers, and a seal kit and just do all the seals. Easy enough to get to just takes a little time.

Idle Speed should be set with the engine hot, if it is just a steady high idle when it warms up it may be that it is not adjusted correctly.

If the idle speed creeps up and up, or races uncontrollably then suspect an air leak.

Reactions: izzo
Idle Speed should be set with the engine hot, if it is just a steady high idle when it warms up it may be that it is not adjusted correctly.

If the idle speed creeps up and up, or races uncontrollably then suspect an air leak.

Noted. Thanks for that!

I can't stand that yamaha made the lug patterns what they are. Silly.

Bought some Shee hubs, they should be here in a week. Gonna throw these on so I can run a normal lug pattern and wheels are easier to find. I already have some ITP rims and tires. So this will let me run in the sand!

uqy5e9a5.jpg

_3.jpg

I will keep my blaster hubs/tires/rims until I find another set of yamaha rims/dirt tires. then these will go up for sale on teh cheaps.

No real updates to report. So reporting the little stuff.

My banshee rear hubs arrive monday. I went over the bike and double checked all bolts. I found out my carb is leaking in this process. I may need a new bowl gasket, but I think I just need a new bowl all together. Someone hit it with a hammer and made a dent in it. Anyone have a decent stock carb bowl they can part with? Also, someone gave me a FMF muffler off a suzuki LT250r. It's brand new. I just need to modify the stock tail pipe to make it work. Should be easy, just haven't got to it yet.

I am on a yamaha blaster facebook page. There was a guy talking about banshee front suspension being much better and softer. I am going to post my thoughts and ideas here and hopefully people who have done the swap have some real feedback.

Now the guy mentioned that doing the Banshee front shock swap made the ride much better, and softer. now yamaha says the stock blaster weights about 325 dry and the banshee 385 dry. The banshee weights in more. So I would think that the banshee springs are more stiff from the get go. He agreed with me, and said that should be the case. But he has swapped 3 sets now and they all seem better.

Anyone have any input on this? For ~50 bucks to swap to banshee shocks I may just do it. I am not going to buy elka ohlins or works for this thing. I will be buying a different bike all together for a different ride.

Keep an eye open on ebay for used works shocks. Banshee shocks are ok, but still leave something to be desired.

I think Herp said it best " Stock shocks are setup to suck" lol

Awk08 sells a very nice leak tester. Its a great deal and a great tool to have for 2 strokes. I bought one and it was here in a couple days.

^^^yea what they said I had a shop rebuild my motor n if I wouldn't of got one of Awk's leak testers I would of toasted it cuz of air leaks everywhere atleast now I can sell the piston that's in there to get a few bux back to pay for a used cylinder to fix what they didn't do right I'm not sayin you don't kno what your doing just better safe then sorry

Reactions: Jeff Bennett
there is only one authority on blasters, Blaster Forum.
Ive seen some of the posts on those facebook pages, shook my head so much my neck got sore :D
bunch of ya-hoo's for sure, and probably some scam sales going on too as it's unregulated.

Just say no to fackbook info !!!!!

ha. Trust me I know. I am careful on there. Whenever someone asks a question I refer them to this website and post a link to it!

Keep an eye open on ebay for used works shocks. Banshee shocks are ok, but still leave something to be desired.

I think Herp said it best " Stock shocks are setup to suck" lol

Stockers do suck! If I could afford some works I would go that route. I have been reading on aftermarket ones. There are so many options on things to do. For now I am leaving them as is. I'll decide on a route to take later.

Got a little work done. Mounted up a silencer off an LT250R. I cut the stock muffler pipe, and the LT pipe and massaged/played with, tweaked till it fit. just need a rubber deal for the mounting tab on the silencer and it'll bolt right up. Main issue with doing this. the muffler is kinda big. It's going to end right where the grab bar ends. Also, leaving the stock flag mount in the way. I cut it and moved it. Then painted the grab bar black. The frame is red, the plastics are white. I am going to go with black A-Arms and swing arm. I like it better than silver. I will do powder coat when $ comes in, for now epoxy paint.

pics cuz posts without pics are terrible! haha

20141229_170152.jpg

20141229_170945.jpg

20141229_171409.jpg

20141229_174923.jpg

20141229_174935.jpg

Sorry to get off subject but your sig looks like Mud runners. Other than the name the sig looks very close at a quick glance.. Btw if you still need a float bowl pm me.