Blaster has no power with air lid on

Nova9066

Aug 4, 2015
I have a 2005 blaster with full fmf exhaust, k&n air filter and I'm running a 220 jet. I've been running this same setup for about two years now with no problems. It stumples and cuts out at full throttle with the air lid on but if I take it off it runs like new again. I have cleaned carb, and anything that flows air through it hoping to find a clog but nothing. This problem started the last time I rode I got a flat and had it limp it home. I tried jetting down to a 215, 210, and a 200 with lid on but same results. Any info would be appreciated.

Wow if you do not live high in the mountains then you need at least a #290 - #300 main jet.

Is the float level adjusted correctly, are you using genuine jets?

It is a wonder that it lasted so long with a #220 main jet.

Have you checked your compression reading?

Reactions: JohnnyBertone
airscrew setting?
fmf will run fine with lid on
are you using the k&n filter oil?
could be flooding a little/new plug?

The air screw is two turns out that's what I've always ran. I am using k&n air filter oil and I've put a new plug in it that was the first thing I checked when it started and I'm using the jets that come in the fmf jet kit. Just doesn't make sense why it runs with lid off but when I put it on it hesitates like crazy. I am getting a hold of a compression tester.

Jet kits are known to have incorrect size jets in them, use only genuine jets.

Set the idle as per specifications!

It makes good sense that it is running way too rich with the lid on!

But its ran this setup since I've owned it. I'm just curious as to why it's giving me a problem now. Could you explain please