Blaster Carb questions

Austin Kent

Jul 23, 2018
i got a blaster off of my father in law. supposed to be bored out to a 260cc and has the oiler removed. i have a mikuni carb with it that i bought a jet kit but the jets don't have the same threads (they are the hex style tho). the air box is cut so it wont even reach the carb. what is my best route carb wise? and what should i do about the air box. blaster does have exhaust too i just can't remember what kind. not familiar with this so any help would be appreciated.

Pretty sure most main jets are hexagonal, and pilot jets are round.

If both jets you purchased are hexagonal, I’m pretty sure you didn’t order a correct pilot jet, pilot jets are longer, skinny, and round. while main jets are hexagonal.

When purchasing jets make sure you read the sides and order the correct size. Issues will instantly happen upon startup if your blasters carb is equipped with the wrong sized jetting.

Is there a reason you’re replacing your jets? If not, put the old ones back in and let’s focus on that airbox!

Your air box is most likely like mine, check inside the rubber tubing for a metal pipe you can slide in and out with your fingers, if not you can find airbox to carb pipes online pretty easily.

Always use your airbox, that helps to prevent dirt and crud getting into your cylinder and keeping your air/fuel clean for combustion.