Blaster bog

Oct 20, 2011
Got the pilot jet changed still no better
Mikuni Tm 32
290 jet
32.5 pilot
Needle middle clip
Right about 1/4 revs the bike bogs down when it's past that or before it it runs fine engine is leak free

Lost for answers

Sounds like the needle could be wrong.

Is it the stock needle, if so lower the clip one notch.

Is the float level and idle adjusted to specs.

A little past idle taking of it bogs, it's a race quad so tors and all is removed there is no parking brake.

Would a stock needle fit into the Tm32 and run ok

i'm curious as to how a 32mm is running correctly with the same size 32.5 pilot as a stock 26mm ?
what determined that ?
how many turns out on the airscrew for highest idle ?

how to determine pilot jet size and airscrew settings...
http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet-51060/

i'm not familiar with the mikuni's, but know most keihins require a leaner needle than the dirtbike they came off of.

if the pilot/airscrew changes, or needle clip settings do not solve your problem, a different needle may be in order.

take a look on this page, and tell me of i'm seeing it wrong ???
it appears the tm32 calls for a 45 pilot ?
probably smaller for a blaster, but not 32.5 smaller ?
http://www.carbparts.com/mikuni/tm_series_parts_list.htm

again..... refer to the above airscrew/pilot adjustment link for airscrew settings and pilot size,
airscrew turns out for high idle will determine what pilot jet is required.

Last edited:
I bumped it up to a 35 pilot and now it's backfiring until 1/4 revs

did you adjust the airscrew to find highest idle with either pilot ?
you can't just bump it one way or another, you have to follow what the highest idle turns out the airscrew tells you.
find the turns out it idles the highest, allow 10-15 seconds between each 1/2 turn.
under 1/2 turn out = larger pilot
over 2-1/2 turns out = smaller pilot.
then 1/8th turns either way to fine tune it while revving it or riding it till it revs clean and pulls hard thru to 1/2 throttle

Ditched that carb and went back to standard with a 300 jet and standard pilot got the airscrew setting right and it goes well, ill go back to the 32 when I have more time I just need it for racing tomoro

Got the pilot jet changed still no better
Mikuni Tm 32
290 jet
32.5 pilot
Needle middle clip
Right about 1/4 revs the bike bogs down when it's past that or before it it runs fine engine is leak free

Lost for answers

My buddy runs a mikuni tm. Im pretty sure its a minkuni tm, def
A mikuni. He's a member on here braaaptor.

Anyways he's been through 5 needles and many of jets, he's yet to get it tunned in perfectly. It's rideable but still not perfect and he's pretty good with the carb tuning.

He's found that the hardest part is the limited knowledge and information thats available.