Blaster backfired and shut down during ride

Irishtoker23

Sep 7, 2018
I’m a new blaster owner I have a 01 Yamaha blaster and I took it out today on a ride for about 3 minutes got into 4th gear and then the blaster backfired and shut down and won’t start back up I got it back to the house and put some gas in it thinking I just ran out and I noticed a waterfall of gas coming out of the car orator from the overflow tubes and from a cylinder next to the choke, is my carb shot? Or what? Not sure how to go about fixing this

I’m a new blaster owner I have a 01 Yamaha blaster and I took it out today on a ride for about 3 minutes got into 4th gear and then the blaster backfired and shut down and won’t start back up I got it back to the house and put some gas in it thinking I just ran out and I noticed a waterfall of gas coming out of the car orator from the overflow tubes and from a cylinder next to the choke, is my carb shot? Or what? Not sure how to go about fixing this

The first thing I would do is I would adjust your float height. It could be worn out and set too high, and it floods the jets and will fill the crankcase when it is shut off.