Billet parts and mild rebuild

got the mount finished for the Trail Tech lights and got them on and wired today.
Contrary to what the technician at trail tech told me, you CAN NOT run 2-35 watt lights on the stock blaster stator, when both on they were hardly lit at all, even when revving it
so they got wired ...flood light to low beam of the switch, and spot light to the high beam
i have a 75 watt lighting coil, that will go in soon so i can run both of them at the same time

mbtx8i.jpg

2u4lqo3.jpg

30kc3sg.jpg

Last edited:
my pap loves them lights he has wanted a set for soo long thts why he got wally lights big mistake they caught on fire last year at ur ride why idk

and, the never ending quest for as many billet parts as i can find continues this off season...........

sniped this moose billet anodized throttle for $17 shipped !!
the blue has to come off and it'll get polished, not sure what that thumb screw is for ? emergency ?
it'll get both new allen screws too

24cgkg4.jpg

one of last years lonestar billet rear hubs stripped out the splines, so new ones and possibly fronts are on the menu too

snagged a replacement for my trashed rad carrier,
all 4 brand new bearings and seals

notice the bearings are not sealed, to allow grease in when added to the zerk, not sure i'm a fan of this ? i like my bearings packed and resealed.
2licw44.jpg

Last edited:
the external seals should do a fine enough job keeping the crap out of the grease and subsequently the bearings.

to each their own! I would like it better sans sealed bearings

just going to add these to my existing thread
another member made this for me, THANX BRO !
we'll let him "out" himself if he'd like to, or not to keep from getting unwanted requests.

.190 6061 aluminum with built in case saver :)........

http://s657.photobucket.com/user/awk08/media/131029_0009_zps4939f354.jpg.html
131029_0015_zpsf48149ab.jpg

131029_0014_zps3218e4e9.jpg

131029_0013_zps0862899c.jpg

131029_0012_zpscaa1f410.jpg

131029_0011_zpsf9bfd1f9.jpg

http://s657.photobucket.com/user/awk08/media/131029_0010_zpsaa004335.jpg.html

http://s657.photobucket.com/user/awk08/media/131029_0012_zps6c08df4e.jpg.html

http://s657.photobucket.com/user/awk08/media/131029_0013_zps11e2baa9.jpg.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 79 bronco
When do we get to see pics of that sexy Stator cover on the blaster? I feel like your teasing me! lol;)

going to get the white blasty out to the new garage soon and start on a few things for this season.......

replace that retardedness that some rat suggested would work: raptor braided cable and some goofy ass brass 45 that jam nuts to the cap, preventing the cap from being removed, you have to take the whole carb out and spin the body of the carb to seperate it from the cap, i should have known better !
i'm just going to do what he was too F'n cheap to do in the first place, just order and pay the $65 for motion pro to make me the correct SS braided cable.

i also have a mount that broke from the frame for those monster nerf/heelgaurds that needs rewelded,
a nology coil and wire to replace my stock coil/nology wire.
install the purdy stator cover which will require the clutch cover to get polished also,
and i have another RAD carrier to replace the one i destroyed over the last few seasons :)

going to get the white blasty out to the new garage soon and start on a few things for this season.......

replace that retardedness that some rat suggested would work: raptor braided cable and some goofy ass brass 45 that jam nuts to the cap, preventing the cap from being removed, you have to take the whole carb out and spin the body of the carb to seperate it from the cap, i should have known better !
i'm just going to do what he was too F'n cheap to do in the first place, just order and pay the $65 for motion pro to make me the correct SS braided cable.

i also have a mount that broke from the frame for those monster nerf/heelgaurds that needs rewelded,
a nology coil and wire to replace my stock coil/nology wire.
install the purdy stator cover which will require the clutch cover to get polished also,
and i have another RAD carrier to replace the one i destroyed over the last few seasons :)

Was the Nology hot wire giving you problems? I think the one i had on was giving me problems!:eek:

Was the Nology hot wire giving you problems? I think the one i had on was giving me problems!:eek:

no problems at all with the nology wire i had coupled to a stock coil, it'll actually go onto the black bike.
i scored a used, correct part # nology coil and wire for a good price on ebay late last season, just haven't put it on yet