big island spots

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
a few spots I've ridden on the big I.

mana road (everyone knows where this is)

Upolu (non maintained track, heard the cops chase u out but I've been there like 8 times and never seen a single cop and we ride all day)

makalawena beach road and cinder hill (fun for quads with good ground clearance more of a utility spot but I'm motivated to ride where ever whenever lmfao)

bottom of kona palisades north powerline road (goes back down to highway where you can cross to hit the beach, another utility type rock trail ride but can be done, my buddy took his trx450r down which is dropped and widened for MX with 20front 18" rear tires... so it can be done)

that's it for now, I'm going to a new spot this weekend and will add it to the list. I believe it's part of the hilo ATV park :D you need permits to ride there and I happen to have one :D Kulani is the name of the place I believe, will post back when I actually go...

Reactions: Rocky Lominario
forgot to update, went to kulani atv park on the hilo side and it was pretty fun. very aggressive trail stuff imo, when I went it was wet, so deep puddles 12"+, wet uphill/downhills over rock formations like staggered uneven stairs almost. roots/ruts all kinds of stuff. there was no one there to monitor spark arrestors or permits so I didn't even bother signing in. I've only been there the one time. but my buddy goes alot and said he's never seen a park ranger/official to check anything...

not alot of jumps, but you can make due and jump things with speed/power.

also went to the hilo atv mx track right next to the 1/4 mile drag strip. you go all the way in and it's like 100 yards or so on the side of the drag strip. has a few table tops ranging from like 15-60', berms, whoops and such. it's a maintained track and track fee is $10/per rider per day.

I'll add more as I go to different spots..