Big bore/carb questions

dylan black

Mar 27, 2020
So my blaster is bored to a 240, Ik buying a stock carb and new throttle a cable to replace the tors, I know I can buy a eliminator kit but I decided to buy a new carb just to make it fresh, since It’s bored 40 over should I go bigger on my jets? I’ve also heard to go down on the jets from some pages so I didn’t know what I should do, or if I need to just buy a bigger carb in general, any input welcomed

So my blaster is bored to a 240, Ik buying a stock carb and new throttle a cable to replace the tors, I know I can buy a eliminator kit but I decided to buy a new carb just to make it fresh, since It’s bored 40 over should I go bigger on my jets? I’ve also heard to go down on the jets from some pages so I didn’t know what I should do, or if I need to just buy a bigger carb in general, any input welcomed
Bigger carb, at least that's what I would do. The stock VM26SS is fine for the stock Blaster with some mods, but I'd suggest getting a bigger one if you're bored over.

40 over does not give you a 240
Stock cylinder bored .040 over your at around a 201cc. At .040 your bore is around 67mm.(stock bore 66) 57mm stroke. Your stock carb is all you need

Revetec has a calculator to figure this out on their site.check it out

Reactions: Awk08
Just clean stock carb. Check jet sizes and record them for future reference. Why was the cylinder bored?what mods do you have?
Exhaust ect.just trying to figure out if your jetting is close.you dont want to damage your new piston

Just clean stock carb. Check jet sizes and record them for future reference. Why was the cylinder bored?what mods do you have?
Exhaust ect.just trying to figure out if your jetting is close.you dont want to damage your new piston
I don’t know why it was bored just bought it like
it has a pro circuit exhaust on and I’m not to sure about the fatty Pipe, it’s aftermarket to believe the fourwheeelr is at my brothers so can’t look

40 over does not give you a 240

Stock cylinder bored .040 over your at around a 201cc. At .040 your bore is around 67mm.(stock bore 66) 57mm stroke. Your stock carb is all you need

Revetec has a calculator to figure this out on their site.check it out
So your saying to just keep it stock? Even the jets?

The stock carb. Is great for your setup. Just check your jet sizes to make sure they jetted for the exhaust pipe. Are you using the. Factory oil injection? Or mixing your own oil and gas?
The factory oil is blocked off and I am mixing my gas 32:1 I was thinking maybe I should go up a jet size for both? Or should I try it just stock and go from there?

Reactions: Slydog
The factory oil is blocked off and I am mixing my gas 32:1 I was thinking maybe I should go up a jet size for both? Or should I try it just stock and go from there?
What's the number on the main jet that is in there now. It's stamped on the jet.stock main jet is 230. Which is going to be to small if you are mixing your oil and if you are running an aftermarket exhaust. So find out jet size by pulling bowl off
the bottom of carb. Then make sure of which exhaust you have. Let us know
And we can help you get the right jet size.
If it's the 230 in there i would not ride it. It will damage the engine by running to lean

What's the number on the main jet that is in there now. It's stamped on the jet.stock main jet is 230. Which is going to be to small if you are mixing your oil and if you are running an aftermarket exhaust. So find out jet size by pulling bowl off
the bottom of carb. Then make sure of which exhaust you have. Let us know
And we can help you get the right jet size.
If it's the 230 in there i would not ride it. It will damage the engine by running to lean
I’m not sure what’s in there now but it should be a stock carb all the way so it’d be 230 and then whatever the stock size pilot jet is, and it’s a pro circuit exhaust and yes helping me find the right size would be very helpful

Read up on (plug chops) on here so you will
Have an understanding about finding the right main jet.

I’m not sure what’s in there now but it should be a stock carb all the way so it’d be 230 and then whatever the stock size pilot jet is, and it’s a pro circuit exhaust and yes helping me find the right size would be very helpful
The stock pilot is good. That doesn't need to be changed.pro circuit expansion chamber ?or silencer.just find out main # and we will go from there.we got you:cool:

The stock pilot is good. That doesn't need to be changed.pro circuit expansion chamber ?or silencer.just find out main # and we will go from there.we got you:cool:
That I’m not sure I was trying to look up the exhaust I hage but can’t find it, it’s a flat tip exhaust like just flat and etc and I’ve been wanting to get a FMF powercore 2 those sound so good and I believe the fatty pipe is pro circuit can I keep the pro circuit fatty with a fmf?

That I’m not sure I was trying to look up the exhaust I hage but can’t find it, it’s a flat tip exhaust like just flat and etc and I’ve been wanting to get a FMF powercore 2 those sound so good and I believe the fatty pipe is pro circuit can I keep the pro circuit fatty with a fmf?
Fmf faty?( Most) will work to together