BEST PIPE FOR PORTED CYLINDER AND RECHAMBERED HEAD

I have it all ready to go, just need to buy gas and mix it up

Its not like aussie here though. We just got 8 inches of the heavy snow you cant move, even the blower had troubles

ever hear those sayings..."you're doing it wrong" ? :)
you should have already been downshifted to slow down for the corner, keep that engine singing in it's range and rip right thru the corner.
it was a metaphor :p

I have it all ready to go, just need to buy gas and mix it up

Its not like aussie here though. We just got 8 inches of the heavy snow you cant move, even the blower had troubles

it was a metaphor :p
So what, it is so hot here we have to pry our boots off the foot pegs after a long ride! :D:D:D

The soles of our boots become as one!

Why dont you start her with the stock pipe, and if she cant do that, buy an fmf for more low range power

So what, it is so hot here we have to pry our boots off the foot pegs after a long ride! :D:D:D

The soles of our boots become as one!
too cold to waste gas, no trails or yard.

Ok, thanks everyone for all your answers. I really don't know what I'm going to do yet. I wish I could just test ride several different ones to see what I liked ( and my wife too), so we will see what I end up going with. It might be a few weeks. But I will let you all know what I end up doing. Seems like moral of the story though is that any of the pipes I choose are gonna be a good pipe. Seems like I can't go wrong

Ok, thanks everyone for all your answers. I really don't know what I'm going to do yet. I wish I could just test ride several different ones to see what I liked ( and my wife too), so we will see what I end up going with. It might be a few weeks. But I will let you all know what I end up doing. Seems like moral of the story though is that any of the pipes I choose are gonna be a good pipe. Seems like I can't go wrong
you can go wrong, do not consider a DG header pipe!

Haha ok, i've heard that before. What is so bad about DG? Just curious. Why would an aftermarket company produce a piece of crap pipe?

Keep an eye in the fore sale section and see what pops up. Maybe E bay sometimes too. Like Blaaster said get a 15$ reed spacer to help move the power of the pipe around just a bit to where you want it..

The Toomey was going to come with a 310 main jet. I know it has many variables as far as the jetting is concerned. But can you guys give me a direction of some jets I should buy to start with. I think the stock is a 240?? So with all my mods, how much do you think I will have to move up in jetting? I don't wanna have to buy 10 different ones. Also will I need to buy any pilot jets? Or just the main jets. Thanks

Also on those reed spacers. I found one on ebay for 15 bucks that is a 3/8ths reed spacer. Will this do?

you dont need pilot jet,Tell you the truth i experimented with the 240 and 310 on my last blaster for like 5minutes and the 240 took off quicker but also reved out quicker,the 310 def had more power and longer rev.Of course plug chop to confirm.My advice get your exhaust then go from there,dont hurt to be richer then leaner:) Jets are cheap,not top ends.

Also on those reed spacers. I found one on ebay for 15 bucks that is a 3/8ths reed spacer. Will this do?
The reed spacer placed between the reeds and the cylinder will make the power come on earlier on the pipe, between the reeds and carby, later on the pipe.

Stock jet is #230.

The #310 jet that comes with the Toomey is for use with the kit, it encompasses the filter and for holes drilled in the air box.

If you remove the lid then you need to increase the main jet size, also if you premix at 32:1, another increase is required.

My words to you if you get a Toomey kit, buy some genuine jets in the range of #290, #300, #320 - #340 for use with future mods and for temp/altitude changes.

No need to change the needle or the pilot.

Ok, but blaaster I'm thinking I'll probably go with the dmc alien like you mentioned. So what jets should I be thinking for that

##260 pipe only, stock needle bottom slot, may need to lift it one clip.

Add 1 or2 for an aftermarket filter.

Add 2 more if you take the lid off the box.

Add 1 more size for 32:1 premix.

No need to increase for reeds, spacer plate.

Plug chop at WOT and 1/2 to 3/3 throttle to find the needle setting.

Ok. Seems like a lot of people premix their gas? Is it really that big of a difference? I just love the convenience of being able to put the oil in separately. And removing the air box lid? What kind of damage could that do? I ride in a very sandy area

Reactions: Larry's Shee
there is a lot of options beside removing lid,breather plugs outer wears ect, Just be carefull with oil injection 2 stroke oils some of them same pre mix only on bottle.

Ok. Seems like a lot of people premix their gas? Is it really that big of a difference? I just love the convenience of being able to put the oil in separately. And removing the air box lid? What kind of damage could that do? I ride in a very sandy area

There are/were some on here that favor the injection system. 99.99% of "failure" is actually operator error. Failure to properly prime, not re-priming after rollover.

I removed mine after "error", thinking it didn't pump in severe cold, when actually it was cold seize. 6th gear WFO -0* on the ice.
As Speedslyder mentioned, make sure it's injectable oil. There're is injectable bean oils, but don't use below about 40* .