BEST PIPE FOR PORTED CYLINDER AND RECHAMBERED HEAD

TaylorMade44

Feb 10, 2014
Hey guys, so I have been dead set on getting the Toomey pipe kit. However, the guy who did my port work and head rechambering swears by the pro circuits. He says they are just a good all around pipe. He says the Toomey hits the hardest, but there's no low end power, and the power falls off as soon as it hits its peak. So I want some opinions from you guys. What is going to be the best pipe. I don't mind to get a "low/mid rpm" pipe but with all the money I'm putting in it I want it to be FAST. My wife is going to riding it a lot as well because I ride a cr 250 usually. So my concern with the Toomey is that if it is all top end, she might not be able to keep it in the right gear to have that power. So..... to make a long story short guys, tell me the best overall pipe I should get. Keep in mind the cylinder is stage 2 ported, the head is rechambered, I have a k&n air filter, and v force 4 reeds. We do a lot of riding in sand, and trails too. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!

Reactions: acrazyjohnny
Ive had two dif blasters with toomey exhaust and it does suck taking off if you got a lot of corners or tight trails,I liked my other blaster with the fmf it sounded better and had better throttle response.Toomey is pretty loud in my opinion due to the super small silencer:)

You have only 2 choices, either a pipe for low/ mid or for mid/ top, both will produce the power but at a different rev.

Your wife will soon be able to recognise when the power is right and change gear accordingly ( give her some credit ) .

FMF and DMC Alien are great in the low/ mid, Toomey B1 for the tops.

The best pipe in my mind would be one of the right bend varieties.

Ok, that helps, thanks. But I am still curious about pro circuit. Does anybody know anything about pro circuit??

i know factory yamaha had an argument with them lol.There is a video thread on here of how they all sound i dont know about procircuit ive had no experience with them :) low or high end is up to you,

Ok, so if I do go with the fmf, should I do the fmf sst or the fmf fatty. I know the fatty is the low and the sst is the high. But if the sst has more over rev than the toomey, i would not be as concerned about having a top end pipe.

One more question as well. I have heard that the actual stock pipe is not as bad as people say. I've been told it is actually a good pipe with an aftermarket silencer. I was told it has a real wide power band with a lot of over rev. Is this true?

One more question as well. I have heard that the actual stock pipe is not as bad as people say. I've been told it is actually a good pipe with an aftermarket silencer. I was told it has a real wide power band with a lot of over rev. Is this true?
If you have never ridden with aftermarket pipes, the stock will probably do fine for your wife.

fmf fatty

what pipe do you have know and is it all that bad? right hand bend i would assume is best choice although ive never had one , but they sure as hell put them on dirt bikeso_O pipes are dif cuz they change the back pressure i believe??

I upgraded from a stock pipe to a DMC Alien, there is no comparison, stock pipe sucks!

The powerband on the stock pipe is pretty wide but it produces little power.

dirt bikes have right bends because they are designed for them.... has nothing to do with blaster right bends

I have a DMC but never ridden it yet lol

I had FMF and i liked that for trails on a stock bike
easy to pull out of corners

LRd i hard, but always had to downshift for corners to braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap my way through them

Ok, ya the stock one was on there before I took it off. It was just ok, but everything was stock. Nothing special. So @Blaaster you prefer the DMC alien over the fmf fatty? I think they might even be a hair cheaper

LRd i had, but always had to downshift for corners to braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap my way through them

ever hear those sayings..."you're doing it wrong" ? :)
you should have already been downshifted to slow down for the corner, keep that engine singing in it's range and rip right thru the corner.

Ok, ya the stock one was on there before I took it off. It was just ok, but everything was stock. Nothing special. So @Blaaster you prefer the DMC alien over the fmf fatty? I think they might even be a hair cheaper
DMC = quality! leak free fit up ( no springs) awesome sound, marry it with a reed spacer block between the reeds and the jug and the low/mids will surprise you.

It is a thirsty beast on the needle, it loves the needle to be rich.