best carb to buy

When the quad tries to pull a wheelie you have a tendency to roll off the throttle which causes the front end to fall down. In response you pull back rolling onto the throttle far too hard.

You have a tendency to end up on your backside with a twist throttle.

If you're planning on keeping your motor the same then go for the 28mm from the same site. If you're going to be looking into more motor mods then go for the 33mm to be able to grow into it.

There's a couple guys here that ran a 34mm PJ with a stock bore/stroke motor and they ran fine.

haha that vid is crazy! yo recruit101, u and i h ave similar mods. i have the 28mm PWK and i love it. but the links every1 posted the prices are insane man u should be able to find a good used one for like 70. mine came with the cable and twist throttle. if u wanna a 28mm PWK search YZ85 carb or KX85 carb. those bikes comme with 28mm PWK D slides. and BE CAREFUL where u buy ur carb. they SAY its a keihin or what not but they coukd be knock offs. u wouldnt be able to tell the difference unless u take the bowl off and realize OH sh*t the jets dont come out!

oh and as for the twist throttle. HELL TO THE NO! i ran it for a week and almost crashed into my neighbors benz. i rode on the trails with it and didnt like it for sh*t. so i fabd the cable to work back on my thumb throttle I:I shouldve did a DIY on it

Oh and the last one IS a knock off stay away from it. The other 2 are the older keihins. Look for the D slides. U'll kno its a D slide when u see it.. notice these ones are the twist caps. D slides or PWK rather, have a black cap with 2 screws and the cable in the middle sticking out. IMO ure better off gettin a used on off one of those bikes. That way u know its a genuine PWK and a lot cheaper than searching "28mm pwk"

The thing with buying new is that you know axactly what it is and in what condition it is in. You always take a chance at a cheap used. I got my 34mm PJ from ebay though. Came off of a honda 250r.

I sortof agree. But buyin a new carb u won't really kno if its a knock off or not. Well keihins at least idk about other carbs. I mean u can't buy a knock off carb from YZ or KX bc they're stock 28mm PWK u kno? If u type in 28MM pwk there's a lot of them. The question is which one is authentic? That's just my opinion.

haha, thats why I buy mikuni, not as worried about knockoffs, but I'm with demo that you'll have better luck looking for one that is not a knockoff if it is off a machine if buying on ebay. The link I posted was for reference , not price.

What about the Mikuni Vm30 for 90 bucks on Jets R us?
Just wanting to get rid of my carb and go to something bigger plus then I have a reason to throw away my TORS

My opinion is that if you were going to replace with mikuni you should go TM flatslide, that is an opinion, they make a 28mm but you need a new manifold as stock does not seal quite right or you could get a 32mm. They do not make a 30mm flatslide. If you were going to get a VM it is roundslide like you have stock and you can actually bore stock carb to 30 which would basically be same thing without spending money.

Keep in mind that you need to be looking at O.D. on engine side as carb manifolds range another 50-80bux new. I know some modify the stock but then I've also seen alot of airleaks doing this.

Right Now Im leaving it as is. I am about to install a Head that I had a head mod done to by Ken. I really dont want to get into the motor. I am happy with it currently. I just want to run it as is. but a bigger carb, figure I can knock out 2 birds with one stone, bigger carb and get rid of the TORS