Best carb for my engine?

StevieN

Aug 11, 2012
Glasgow Scotland
Last edited by a moderator:
The pwk carbs are supposed to be better than the pj's

yep, the quad vent pwk's would prolly be better, and have an idle screw allowing simpler idle settings.

you don't mention what 240 kit you have ?, but if it's an
la sleeve/ct racing, or a vito's you may plan to have ported in the future, i'd go with a 35mm

Reactions: lucknuts
yep, the quad vent pwk's would prolly be better, and have an idle screw allowing simpler idle settings

What mm do you think would be best? to be honest that's were i am struggling dont know if a 30mm or a 35mm or anything in between.

Dont want to get a 30mm then end up needing a 34mm for the mods i do if you get me?

i looked at that ad, then ran the part #, google came back with this (cheaper) ebay ad............

Blaster 265cc 75mm Big Bore Kit Sleeve Piston Triple Port Cylinder Head Wossner | eBay

which says "northwest sleeve co."
and states that you need to send them your cylinder to be resleeved and head for modification ?
for that price you could just get the vito's 240 kit and have your existing top end as a spare or resale to recoupe some of the cost ???

the vito's 240 kits are available here in 2 versions.......

OEM Yamaha Blaster Parts

my bad....i now see you're in scotland, but the ad your looking at is in the US.
so add the shipping of your cylinder/head here to the us on top of that price from what i see ???
i still say the complete vito's 240 kit would be cheaper ?

i looked at that ad, then ran the part #, google came back with this (cheaper) ebay ad............

Blaster 265cc 75mm Big Bore Kit Sleeve Piston Triple Port Cylinder Head Wossner | eBay

which says "northwest sleeve co."
and states that you need to send them your cylinder to be resleeved and head for modification ?
for that price you could just get the vito's 240 kit and have your existing top end as a spare or resale to recoupe some of the cost ???

the vito's 240 kits are available here in 2 versions.......

OEM Yamaha Blaster Parts

Thanks man, what do you think would be better?

Vitos 72 MM Big Bore Kit

Vitos Big Bore KOR Ported Race Cylinder Kit

And would this carb be ok to run with they set ups

KEIHIN 35MM PWK AIR STRIKER CARB CARBURETOR | eBay

the ported vito's from KOR with that 35mm air stryker will pull your arms off !!!!!!!

Reactions: lucknuts
hmmm that looks different than my 35mm airstriker....... missing some vent tubes.

but yes a 35mm airstriker or a 36mm pwk would run great on a ported bbk

I would also suggest price hunting. those prices you are seeing on there are high as a fuggin kite side to me. find a used one. they can be had for 100 bux or so pretty reguarly. well for the carb. it is what it is with the vitos. but the links you put up for the bbk's looked pretty crappy to me. pictures weren't even of the same product. i would go straight to vitos

hmmm that looks different than my 35mm airstriker....... missing some vent tubes.

but yes a 35mm airstriker or a 36mm pwk would run great on a ported bbk

Hey mate

Just checking that that carb is defo going to work with my blaster? you have put doubt in my mind now lol, dont want to buy it and its no use

and you will have to modify the airfilter boot too. I prefer just getting an alluminum airbox than modding the stock set up. looks and runs better

oh one more thing besides the carb cable, intake boot and airbox mod that comes with a larger carb...... you have to enlarge your fuel line also. you need to go up to 1/4 in" inside diamater likne. so you need to get an banshee petcock as well. the best way to fix this problem

Thanks alot guys

Really helps me out

I am getting the cfm air box with a duel stage pod filter ;-)

you might as well get a silicon boot for that cfm, word has it the boot they supply sucks

you'll need the 2.5 x 2.25 boot for a cfm box to 34/35 carb..........

Intake Pipe Reducer

get 2 of their clamps too ?, they are much nicer than regular hose clamps