Bent frame

Dash

Mar 3, 2017
I'm currently in the process of replacing the frame on my 05 blaster after bending it. My question is will any frame from 87 and up fit, or will only 03 and up work for me thanks for the help.

older frames have different rear brake pedal setup for a cable rear brake. You will need 2003 or newer frame.

For the 2003 model year the Blaster was updated with a re-styled front nose, and the headlight assembly was moved down from the handlebars to the nose, and an all around lighter machine for greater performance. The problematic mechanical rear and front drum brakes were replaced by dual hydraulic disc brakes in both the front and rear.

yes you ned a 03-07 ish frame other wise
brakes/ deffinetly wont fit/plastic perhaps wont fit?
just check the tenth digit on frame before purchasing from a seller
who knows what they will tell you lol.
i had to search google for my own pic oops :)

year calculater pic plus ex1 1 1.jpg

Looks like I'll be looking for an 03 and up then, thanks for the help.

Looks like I'll be looking for an 03 and up then, thanks for the help.

yes read the tenth digit should be a 3 at least for your brakes to fit on.
other then that everything will work just read the tenth digit for the hydraulic brakes to work:)

Yup, right behind the a arm, same spot as mine. Mine is also cracked where the rear grab bar mounts to the frame causing the grab bar to be crooked.

I would say gusset the new frame in that spot and there is also a thread about installing a bit of steel in the rear grab bar tubes of the frame to help them from bending. Inside that frame after you remove the plastic frame plugs. (or aluminum ones if you have custom made ones.)

My frame that I installed gussets on See the gusset behind A arm mount. I also use this gusset to hold the frame skid on that's why there is a bolt in it.
DSCN3593.JPG

Gussets. Is a member on here selling the gusset kits if you don't want to make you own.
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/gusset-placement-with-diagram.39688/page-2#post-787285

Last edited:
New to the forum, just picked up my first quad and blaster at age 26 lol. mine too is bent behind the a arm mounts. But its only off by a few mm maximum a centimeter. It has a small crack thanks for posting the pics of the gussets! Thats alot better than droppin dollar on a new frame!! My blaster was 400 bucks but needs A LOT of work lol. I am going to message the guy selling the gussets, thanks again!

if it is bent at all or off by a certain measurement.
you will not be able to adjust tie rod ends enough to correct steering
and it will get worse lol:)
good luck/pre-cautions:D

I am going to try my hardest to get this thing straight I have to literally stare at the frame to see it's bent. I am going to try lol. I won't be racing or jumping it. Just gooning up the street and at my friends 138 acres/light trail riding.

I Managed to straighten my frame back out to the point where it looks as if everything lines up okay. Then again though my frame was only slightly bent. Only thing I've noticed is at top speed in a straight line, my bike seems to dart a bit. But I feel all my mods and the short wheel base plays a big role in the darting.

I am going to try my hardest to get this thing straight I have to literally stare at the frame to see it's bent. I am going to try lol. I won't be racing or jumping it. Just gooning up the street and at my friends 138 acres/light trail riding.

a 100% normal frame has a bend to it at that point of the frame.
If you can steer straight and steering stem/handle bars seem okay
with tie rod adjusment not to far out of whack go for it:)
I bent that frame pictured above after my 3rd day of owning it, because the lower ball joint nut fell off.
making the a-arm fall and dig into the ground bending frame and hurting my wrist for a few days.
Luckily i was only in second gear:confused:
I was generally scared after that.....Be carefull