Been a while since the blaster days

blasterfan84

Jun 20, 2007
Its been a long while since my blaster days. figured I'd come back and post an update.

After I sold the blaster i signed with KTM and rode 08 on the 450XC, taking 2nd in my provincial Junior class.

2009 moved me into Intermediate and Pro-am, i took 3rd in each class on the new 450SX model

2010 I found some speed and won Pro-Am, but injured myself and settled for 3rd in intermediate.

2011 I went Pro in Canada, finishing 3rd in Ontario and 4th at nationals. I also entered Montreal SX for the first time, I missed qualifying for Pro by 6/10ths of a second

This year I had a ton of bad luck, placed 2nd in my provincials and finished 2 of 8 motos at our shortened National series. I did manage to take home 12 moto wins but it wasnt enough to win the championship.

I also ran my first ever AMA race, rode 450A and Pro-Am Unlimited. I rode well but my clutch was slipping something fierce all weekend, doesnt bode well at the "home of horsepower" I had a ton of fun though

I entered Montreal again and qualified at the top of B group. But in my last practice i cased a triple and broke my wrist, I raced my heat anyway, got a horrible start and was working my way through the pack when i hit another rider in the whoops. I went over the bars hard and by the time i got up ther was no way i was going to transfer, i finished the heat and had a great time watching the rest of the show with my dad and my pit crew.

anyway, here's some of my favourite vids since the blaster days
rocking on the blaster!

big ole jump in 09

awesome battles in this one, I'm in the Fly gear

winning a couple motos

Montreal SX GoPro

Enjoy guys! it all started on a 195cc 2 stroke with one of the most successful production runs in history

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome vids !
good luck and keep us posted throughout the upcoming season ?

dude i watched ur first vid u posted like 30+ times! it inspired me a lot to hit the doubles for the first time... especially since u were riding the same bike as me!

a lot of you dont know, but before i started racing, the biggest jump i did was off the curb side at the base of my driveway some 7 years ago.... lol i was doing doubles my 3rd mx practice ever. and that was in the begging of this year! lol

anyway! good job man! keeep up the awesome work and get er done!

dude i watched ur first vid u posted like 30+ times! it inspired me a lot to hit the doubles for the first time... especially since u were riding the same bike as me!

a lot of you dont know, but before i started racing, the biggest jump i did was off the curb side at the base of my driveway some 7 years ago.... lol i was doing doubles my 3rd mx practice ever. and that was in the begging of this year! lol

anyway! good job man! keeep up the awesome work and get er done!

Thats awesome dude! the story behind that video is that I had eaten it hard in the first moto on it and hadnt hit it since, so i battled the entire race and couldnt make a move until the last lap I went for broke and hit it again. it was scary as hell