Bayou problem

Drk_rider

Oct 5, 2011
kansas
I have a bayou 300. A few weeks ago we were out riding and it lost all power and drove a few more feet and died. When you would hit the starter is would free-spin. Took it home, pulled the head and sure enough the exhaust a valve was stuck open. So ordered a new timing chain, slider, valve guide seals, and both valves and had the head rebuilt. Installed it last night and it fired up. It was a bit louder than I remembered, engine wise. Backed it out of the garage and drove about a hundred feet and there was a click and she died. When you hit the starter it does the same free spinning it did before.

Just not sure what would cause it to drop a valve a second time. Only thing I can think of is the timing adjuster which is the only thing I did not replace. Maybe it is wore out and allowing the chain to much slack.
Anyone have any ideas?

the valvs might be bent. take the head off, and bring the piston to TDC and wiggle the intake and exhaust. if they move side to side, than there bent. than bring it to BDC and do the same with the other valve. check timing chain dident break, and that its on rite, and also check if exhaust is leaking.

im not the best on 4 strokes, but this is my .02 mstlikly the valves r bent tho.

Ya the old was were bent, and now thse prolly are too. but any idea wa
hat is causing it.
chain is new what do u mean installed right? is there a front and back?