Battery on the BlasteR????

lassek

Feb 23, 2009
Sweden, Denmark is my native
Hi all.

I just reg´d for the forum. I dont have it yet but will properly buy a Yamaha Blaster this week..

But i have one question! ..

Does the Blaster have a battery? Under the seat? Because I have been out and tried one, i maybe want to buy. But it had no battery, but is it even supposed to have one? Is it possible to install one? and why do u need it? No electric starter etc.

Regards
Lasse

Hi all.

I just reg´d for the forum. I dont have it yet but will properly buy a Yamaha Blaster this week..

But i have one question! ..

Does the Blaster have a battery? Under the seat? Because I have been out and tried one, i maybe want to buy. But it had no battery, but is it even supposed to have one? Is it possible to install one? and why do u need it? No electric starter etc.

Regards
Lasse

nope no battery on a blaster just a kicker. i dont think its possible to mount one up, there is no system to support it, alternator, soloniods, there is no spot for a starter to mount.

There is no battery on a blaster. When you kick start it, the flywheel spins on a magneto creating the power. If you wanted to, you could install a battery, to run bigger, bright lights (stock stators limit is 55)

That's why they make bigger lighting stators!

all that is, is the lighting coil rewound, with either thicker wire, more turns or both. so you lights will still dim at idle and low rpm. the battery will fix that. the main reason I added a battery is for the HID's. they will run on the power the rewound stater puts out, but to get them fired off initially (hid's are an arc, like a welder not a glowingwire like normal lights) it takes a lot of juice, so the battery is need to kick them off.

for what its worth I have a battery on mine, probably doesn't help you much but thought I would just show how I have mine setup location wise and such.

blaster012.jpg

Reactions: cgunz410
You need bright lights in the parking lot????
And WHY would you want to add weight to your ride!!!?????

a 4 wheeler is already heavy as hell so adding a battery isnt going to hurt anything. And you need to keep the rpms up pretty high to keep your lights bright. you are pulling low RPMs on the trail, and if you are going that slow the trail probly isnt the easiest around, so you need bright lights

a 4 wheeler is already heavy as hell so adding a battery isnt going to hurt anything. And you need to keep the rpms up pretty high to keep your lights bright. you are pulling low RPMs on the trail, and if you are going that slow the trail probly isnt the easiest around, so you need bright lights

Blasters aren't heavy! especially mine, I don't have any of that extra after market crap bolted onto it and I even have the thinnest aluminum wheels you can get to reduce weight!
Low rpms on the trail!??, what kind of pussy are you!?, get with the program!, HAMMER DOWN!!!!!!, if you want to ride SLOW on the trails get a 4x4 utility quad!=))

Blasters aren't heavy! especially mine, I don't have any of that extra after market crap bolted onto it and I even have the thinnest aluminum wheels you can get to reduce weight!
Low rpms on the trail!??, what kind of pussy are you!?, get with the program!, HAMMER DOWN!!!!!!, if you want to ride SLOW on the trails get a 4x4 utility quad!=))

hey man you cant always "hammer down" on trails at least the ones i ride in there very technical and sometimes require the use of first gear...

yea i know 324 lbs isnt light at all.... ok i guess your is the lightest evar!!!oneone!!!. so ill give you 310lbs. still, heavy as sh*t. But i guess thats probly not as much as your fat ass. Andi think my 426 will take your blaster in the trails anyday. so dont start that with me. Go look at my pic if you want to see how much of a pussy i am, you can go look for it in a thread yourself.

my light is plenty bright for trail riding at low RPMS its only when you like stop and idle it gets dim. u dont need to see then anyways. but as soon as i let out the clutch and give the slighest bit of gas its bright again. battery is just a waste really. unless ur in the baja or somethin like that