banshee

heatlbj6

Mar 16, 2012
Ct
looking to buy a banshee but dont know to much about it all i know is its a 2 stroke 350cc is it basically the same as a blaster could someone give me run down on one pleasee

Well, not in the blaster engine section! Maybe if you post in the other "yamaha" section. Only similarities is it's a two stroke.

ohhh so can you give me a rundown on a banshee lol i dont wanna buy one and no nothing about it ... i was thinking it was basically the same thing just a another piston lol and a radiator but someone please clue me in

ride it lol no i just love the way they look and sound so ive always wanted one i usually ride on trails i dont plan on really modding it unless i read up on them

i would like a banshee cause im trying to trade my blaster and some cash for one so i would have no need for just the engine

Ive owned three Banshees. They are a ton of fun, but require just as much maintenance and care as any other quad. A Banshee is water cooled, and comes stock with two carbs, so it is more complex than a Blaster. They are very reliable if taken care of. I like the brutal powerband and raw power, but a Blaster is more fun on the trails because of their small size and better (with aftermarket suspension, anyways), handling. A Banshee is very fast in a straight line, but in stock form they feel clumsy.

Hope that helps a little. Id love to have another Banshee, but its not worth trading my Blaster away to have one IMO. If you get a Banshee, be sure to do a compression test, and look carefully around the engine's drive sprocket area for damage to the cases. Banshee's are notorious for throwing chains (because people don't take the time to keep them lubed and properly-adjusted!), so chain damage can be present on lots of used 'Shees. Be aware.

so if i sup up my blaster it could be just as good as a banshee cause from what youve just said the only good part about a banshee is its faster on a straight line idk if i shiould keep the blaster and make it faster or trade for a banshee

Ive owned three Banshees. They are a ton of fun, but require just as much maintenance and care as any other quad. A Banshee is water cooled, and comes stock with two carbs, so it is more complex than a Blaster. They are very reliable if taken care of. I like the brutal powerband and raw power, but a Blaster is more fun on the trails because of their small size and better (with aftermarket suspension, anyways), handling. A Banshee is very fast in a straight line, but in stock form they feel clumsy.

Hope that helps a little. Id love to have another Banshee, but its not worth trading my Blaster away to have one IMO. If you get a Banshee, be sure to do a compression test, and look carefully around the engine's drive sprocket area for damage to the cases. Banshee's are notorious for throwing chains (because people don't take the time to keep them lubed and properly-adjusted!), so chain damage can be present on lots of used 'Shees. Be aware.

Wow, Braaptor, excellent write up, that would be my exact impression too.

Steve

I've owned 3 too and this about sums it up perfectly. In an open field or area the banshee is king, put in on some tight trails and a blaster will walk the dog on it. I don't know if they're all like this but all 3 of my banshees would tend to overheat in the trails.

so if you had to choose a blaster or a banshee what would you pick

that answer for me is sitting in my garage...2 blasters I:I
which the cost of and the modding could have easily bought me a fairly nice shee,
as stated above...just not as nimble in the trails as a modded/suspended blaster

Hard to beat a blaster for power to weight and simplicity. On the other hand its hard to beat the powerband of a banshee. If your tight on funds you might want to go with a blaster. If you got money to mod out a banshee right then go for that. I like em both but my wallet likes blasters better.

yeah thats the way im kinda leaning towards now maybe ill just buy a banshee fram and and slowly get all the parts and then have both cause i truly do love the blasters

if your riding tight woods all the time i might lean towards the blaster but if you ride dunes or wide open areas you cant beat the power and speed of the banshee. i have both and i choose to ride the banshee...