Banshee?

tumblingtwerp9

Sep 21, 2011
Well I found a buyer for the blaster and I am gonna have a little under 2000 and there is a banshee for sale locally for 1500. It is in decent shape but really cheap for some reason.

Anything that I need to look for on the banshee specifically? Are banshees good on trails and mx?

If they aren't good on the trails or mx I will probably just get another blaster that still has a blaster engine in it instead of a cr125 lol.

Are you selling its probably stolen? Anywhere I can run the vin to check?

Are banshees any good on trails and mx? That is what I ride but I have always wanted banshee.

I don't think that to off. Some people are having a hard time and wNt to sell fast to get Xmas money. I've seen a couple on CL around my way for around that price. They been listed for a long time. They started at 2000+ but kept getting re listed at a lower price. I would go look at it. Go over it real good. Check compression. I find it best if you SHOW the person you have the money to buy it. They tend not to mind you wrenching a little on there atv if they know your serous and have the cash ready.

Just seen a few going for 1200+ right now so yeah might be just a xmas thing but trail wise isn't too bad but I think the blaster is better for trails lil bit of what I have been on with both I am not into trails too boring for me I like adrenaline rush of knowing if your going to make that hill or not and the excitement from others who watch when you are climbing up the hills you can prob just mess with gearing and set it up to where you want it to be at for trails if I was you I would go to the bansheehq and get some advice from them guys GL

I find it best if you SHOW the person you have the money to buy it. They tend not to mind you wrenching a little on there atv if they know your serous and have the cash ready.

Thats how you get rolled over here meaning "ROBBED" never bring any cash to CL ad unless you bring a few friends and a gun:eek:

Thats how you get rolled over here meaning "ROBBED" never bring any cash to CL ad unless you bring a few friends and a gun:eek:

exactly! i never leave home w/o the .40 under the seat and even then i don't pull out the dough until i know i'm gonna buy the item. it's up to whoever i meet to decide if they wanna potentially get hurt.

I've got both blasters and a banshee . ( Disclaimer : I'm not the greatest rider so take this for what it's worth ). I absolutely love the power of the banshee and it's a great machine but I ALWAYS prefer the blaster in the trails and tighter riding areas. The place the banshee really shines is in wide open areas and probably some of the huge hill climbs. There have been several times when we've gone riding and I never even unloaded the 'shee cause I was having too much fun on the blaster. Now I'm not saying the blaster is better then a banshee , i'm just saying that each has advantages over the other. Be honest about what kind of riding you do the most an get the machine that best fits your purpose.

FWIW I paid $ 2000 for this banshee exactly as you see it a couple of months ago locally. It runs like a top, the suspension and bearings are perfect, the plastics and tires are in great shape and it came with fmf pipes .

banshee01.jpg

Not saying blasters arent great trail bikes, THEY ARE. But there is other smaller wheelbase bikes out there that you can buy, so you dont have to restrict your search to just a blaster.

Yea but I love yamaha and I love the blaster. Cheap and reliable=good for poor kid. I plan on picking one up that needs a top end and rebuilding it the way I want with porting, head work, and a right bend pipe.

hmm my shee has bottom end like a tractor, and i dont find it hard at all to go through some really tight trails with it... i perfer it over my old blaster with a la sleeve bbk

Ok they suck at MX if your thinking of being competitive.
The frame geometry is wrong and the motor is too peaky with little bottom end.
Not trying to hate on them- I own one thats a beast!
It's fun everywhere but the track.
IMO they are great on trails though. Don't get big carbs or crazy on the porting.