Banshee J-Arm

SalM

Aug 1, 2011
are the J-arm banshee frames any good? any differences between a-arm and j-arm...? Cause i found a J-arm frame with the J-arms and some bunch of little sh*t here and there like handle bars and stuff... He's giving it me for $50...!!!!!!I:I Thats why I wanna know if its a good buy and can i buy regular banshee parts?

Thanks guys! Let me know asap so I can give this guy a definite answer as to if I want to buy it or not.

From what I'm reading they're saying the A-arms are stronger than the J-arms... I'm going to build the banshee from the ground up with balls out motor work. is it better off waiting for an a-arm frame?

I would pass on the J arm and get an A- arm. There is reason yamaha quit makeing J arm set ups as well as i have seen guys custom change the j arm shees over to A- arm set up. A arm is just a much better stronger better handleing way to build off of. Think about it , Does anyone make a J arm on quads?? That should be good enough reason to not want one.

Thats true... Alright thanks man! I see you have yourself a gorgeous shee so I take it you know your stuff ;)

Thats true... Alright thanks man! I see you have yourself a gorgeous shee so I take it you know your stuff ;)

Naw,, i surely dont know as much as i would like but i am learning after playing with this one. I do have a friend who has a J arm and its just a crude set up in my opinion.

Ah gotcha alright then... Hey i figured it was a good deal for $50 I was going for it tomorrow but I guess not. I got my self an entire 56" 9 drawer tool chest (Husky) and the 264 piece mechanic set! (Husky) So I'm kinda excited and i wanna get a full build going on like a big crazzzzyyyy ass build.

J- arms are actually prefered for drags because they are 10+ lighter. Go here for arms Stellar Machine and Performance, Custom Drag Banshee Frame Builder, Drag Chassis, A-arms J-arms, Swing Arms, Engine Building Subframes, swingarm, swing, arm, a arms, aarm, jarm, j arm, hillshooter, hill shooter, rigid, 300', sand, sand drag, glamis, . The bushings seem to wear faster because they are closer together, just use bronze. There were J to A conversion kits floating around , but you know how lawers like to fug everything up. Easy to convert, couple pieces of tube, couple brackets. Other than early spindles (don't use) everything else is same. Can't use YFZ cali on early spindle 87-89, 90.

WOW, thats a big link :eek:

Idk guys I'm really thinking about it... Maybe I can snag the frame for like $20 from this guy and go from there. he's giving me the frame and the j-arms, but if I throw him an extra couple of buck he'll throw in like tote with other stuff. I'm thinking about picking it up and selling it for an a-arm.

Idk guys I'm really thinking about it... Maybe I can snag the frame for like $20 from this guy and go from there. he's giving me the frame and the j-arms, but if I throw him an extra couple of buck he'll throw in like tote with other stuff. I'm thinking about picking it up and selling it for an a-arm.

Like someone said previously. Its worth more than 50 bux and extra parts would be worth it. J arm aint the best but for the price you might want to consider it even if you re sell it and the tote of parts. It would be a nice dragger start for sure if nothing else.

Yeah I think I'm gonna snag this one guys... If anything I'll resell and buy myself an A-arm frame.

It wont be a dragger, but I just want to make FAST bike. I'm taking like insane motor work and just a mint blacked out bike... I'm off to the city now. I'll let you know how it goes on monday! or tuesday whenever i pick up the frame and stuff lol.

Id buy it for 50 bucks. let me know if those handlebars are aftermarket i might buy from ya if you sell them and if i have money after i get my motor back from the builder

I didnt end up getting it... It didnt have a vin on the frame so I couldnt even write up a bill of sale so i decided not to jump on it. found a few other good local deals so I might snag something else.

I know it sucks! I would've bought it but i cant register it so it does me no good.