Banshee Issue

BGATZ

Jun 29, 2011
CT
just got a banshee well my buddy did we test rode it and it was fine next day we went to ride and it started back firing really bad it also has a hard time starting also smoke is constant out one pipe but not the other new to banshees any help will be great

mods are full t5 pipes
tors and park brake delete
looks to have boysen reeds
uni filter

thanks!!!

Which pipe? Does it smell nasty like trans oil? Does it smell like coolant/anti freeze? Is coolant low?

Start by cleaning carbs, setting floats, exact same as Blaster. Float bowl with "BB" on front goes on left carb. Must install choke crossover tube between both carbs. Be sure cutaway on slide faces air box. What do plugs look like? Set pick-up gap .018. Nubs on fly wheel must be clean of rust/paint.

if u were riding it the pipe behind your left shoulder is smoking once we got it started it ran fine but felt weird im not really familiar with banshees in my honest opinion i feel as if one f the pistons is going i will check oil, coolant, and all other fluids

backfires are usually 1 of 2 things.....
flywheel woodruff key broke and allowed the flywheel to spin out of time
or you have a broken reed
the reeds are easier to check first, pull carbs and peek in with a flashlight to see if all the reed petals are present.

you'll need a flywheel puller to check the woodruff key

it still runs tho when we sucked a reed on the blaster i wouldnt start at all once it starts it runs we ripped it but once i stalled it wouldn start again could low compression cause this hard start also we are running 32:1 ratio

Sure thing low compression can make for hard starting. How many kicks did it take when you first got her started.???

way too many to count there not fast rapid kicks we reset and do a full hard kick every time

Here is the link to what it currently sounds like. Sounds like piston slap. When I ride it there is no low range. Only mid and all top end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took it riding today. Ran fine for a little. Turned it off. Went to start it. Kicker was stuck. Top end fried. -_________-

Took it riding today. Ran fine for a little. Turned it off. Went to start it. Kicker was stuck. Top end fried. -_________-

was this banshee by any chance still needed to be broken in? if so were u riding for more then 30+sec holding full throttle? because that could fry your top end real quick!

With the motor making noise like that in the video, it was apparent that there was a major problem to be fixed.

My ghast is flabbered that you took it riding and killed it big time.

My banshee was hard to start, took about 30-40 kicks. It turned out to be dirty pilot jets. I cleaned the whole carb and cleaned the pilot jets with a string from a wire brush.