Banshee help

Manshefast

Jul 17, 2013
Pennsylvania
Long story just rebuilt this year with a 4 mil stroker has lite trail porting Cooled head timing plate so after about 5 min of runnin the rite side stops firing 2/3 -3/4 throttle ?

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Long story just rebuilt this year with a 4 mil stroker has lite trail porting Cooled head timing plate so after about 5 min of runnin the rite side stops firing 2/3 -3/4 throttle ?

Could be the coil, swap the plug caps around and see if the cylinder that has the firing issue changes.

Hm just reread the post, at full throttle they both fire fine? Then its a fuel/reed issue.

Had the banshee at east coast atv in February for jetting because I had tour down the motor put on a cool head bigger rad silicone hoses and new seals put a stock air box back on with a k&n power lid( it had already t5 pipe tours eliminated toomy air filter system had a hot rods tried and welded stock stoke ) jetting was done but came to find out the banshee had crank walk ( bad bottom rod bearing ) ran out of money then took it back down to be rebuilt with a 4mil stroker timing plate trail porting

Went on first ride and was not running rite took the bike back down after five hours determined it was the exhaust packing ( it was hard as a cast) ok ran better went out for a ride three weeks ago still not running rite came home pulled the carbs and bowls ( seen moisture in the bowls) cleaned the carbs and put them back on ran it in the yard seemed to be better but after a couple minutes ran the same way running klutz 118 with ams oil intercepter 32/1 oh and the jugs where bored now 65.5

Had the banshee at east coast atv in February for jetting because I had tour down the motor put on a cool head bigger rad silicone hoses and new seals put a stock air box back on with a k&n power lid( it had already t5 pipe tours eliminated toomy air filter system had a hot rods tried and welded stock stoke ) jetting was done but came to find out the banshee had crank walk ( bad bottom rod bearing ) ran out of money then took it back down to be rebuilt with a 4mil stroker timing plate trail porting

What is your jetting?

So this problem has always been the same? Runs fine for five minutes then goes south? What does the plug on that side look like?
Did you put the motor in or did they? Do you know for fact that the leak tested it?

Have good spark even changed plugs and the easy way to check for air leaks is with a can of break cleaner spray around carb boots reeds head and seals if u have a leak the motor will idle down or stall

310 main jet not sure of the needle but 3rd clip stock pilot air jets and idle air screws are 2-3 turns out I was thinking it was timming

The mains seem like they should be good. I am in the process of jetting my banshee now, so I don't have a whole lot of experience with them yet.

While carb cleaner is good for a quick check it can't detect crank seal leaks, case half leaks, and the o so sneaky primary drive keyway leak. Also can't detect rpm induced leaks which would be primarily carb boots. Do you have (junk) Boost Bottle?

When questions are posed, it's most helpful if you answer all of them.