Banshee axle

Pj Uptmor

Mar 11, 2015
I am in the process of putting the axle into the axle bearing and the axle will not fit. I wondering why it won't fit. Is it that tight of a fit. Do I have to change out axle carrier bearing with a banshee carrier? Or do I have a wrong axle all together. A ebay special.

The axle is tight enough to maybe need a rubber mallet. Sure end of axle isn't isn't hitting the inner sleeve?
How hard was it to get old axle out?
I suggest using antiseize on all splines and where inner sleeve goes. At very least coat them with grease.

The bike didn't come with a axle. The axle carrier was rebuilt. I will get a rubber mallet and antiseize. Thank you all for the input.

The axle bearing doesn't go over the axle. My question does the 450 axle have the same hub spline as a banshee.
I am taking it to a machine shop to turn down so the bearing fit. Just trying to figure out the what axle I have.

The axle bearing doesn't go over the axle. My question does the 450 axle have the same hub spline as a banshee.
I am taking it to a machine shop to turn down so the bearing fit. Just trying to figure out the what axle I have.
I don't know, but I have a banshee axle I'd be more than happy to get rid of.

That what I am wondering now. The bearing will not go over the lip but the wheel hub is Yamaha spline.

I know you probably know, but are you putting the axle in the right way? It slides in on the right side of the carrier if looking at the rear of the bike.
I may be interested in that axle if OP isn't - send me an Email if he doesnt take you up on it I dont think I can use the PM feature yet