banshee 2 into 1 carb?

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
I'm new to the banshee maybe some one on here can help..what I'm thinking is working on one carb and running it is better than two..:-/..but what size carb would i have to run to make up for the difference...is two better than one in this case or not..some help from people who have done this would help allot..thanks in advance..... v

Out of all the multi-cyl 2s, only some old school LOW performance machines use it. In fact some have used a modified 2;1 manifold from a Yammie 440 sled.
It is a myth that they have better bottom end. Mid range "tuning" can be a nightmare. You deffinately LOOSE on the top end. It's a Banshee, you don't need no stinkin' bottom end. And if jetting two carbs is too much work, you bought the wrong machine.
Seriously, stick with two carbs.

BTW no, I have not done this. It is what I have gathered off other forums and have observed personally As far back as mid 60s Yammy used 1:1 on 2s bikes. I:I

i too have seen the experts say to stick with the 2 carbs.
but, i have trail ridden one with a single 35mm carb and pipes,
it ripped from bottom to top, all weekend.

Last edited:
Thanks one again guys. I had run across a two into one on my local cl (it's sold) but I'm glad it wasn't me that bought it..i did some more research and all you guys said every one else seems to agree, and most who went to a two to one went back to two. Jetting two carbs want an issue i had 4 on my bike (sold but now wish i hadn't) so two carbs it is for me..only thing i heard in a more positive matter was it made thumb throttle a little easier because of one cable. That seems minuscule to me and some said it makes for anice look?? .but I'm not entering this thing in a beauty contest. Its ridden and ridden hard.. i have found its much funnrr to ride the blasty in trails. The banshee isn't the best trail quad.but it sure is fun to drag with it..:) thanks guys,your input and help is always much appreciated..

You can remove the spring from throttle housing, get a thumb extension, or look for lighter carb springs, IIRC F.A.S.T. (Farm and sand toys) has them. A well lubricated/clean/new cable helps also.

Yeah i just got the beast a few days ago along with another blaster..basically i got both for the price of one:) the guy need the$$ badly so i jumped on the deal...its my first shee so i want to go through the basics and go from there..someone if not guy i got it from had put some time n money into her already.as from what i can see as bolt ons from the outside.. lone star swinger.(not sure if its extended or not yet) durablue rear axle, extended but again not exactly sure how much...pro design cool head. Fmf gold pipes. Renthal bars nacs bar clamp... .teather switch..n that's all i can see so far..like i said though i just got her n havnt really looked into it much... did a leak down test and all was good. I want to do a compression test next.any idea on what compression should be?? As of her looks. I would say a 4 out of 10'' only because it's been sitting outside for a while.the guy had a heart attack about 5 years ago n hasn't ridden it.he would have his son come over n start it every now and again.so it deff needs tires.there dry rotted so i put tubes in for now. But otherwise after i cleaned air filter and carbs good she starts right up n goes like a beast.... I'd like some new plastics. They have these decals or stickers or something on the front that look factory and are pealing off and faded..there very thick.. plus i don't like the white.I'd go with red and black if i can find a good set for cheap...should i maybe do a coolant flush in the rad..?? Also maybe you can help my with this question.i see on posts and things on e bay about the domes in the head.(different cc's) What's that all about?? Also my clutch seems kind of tight to pull..I'm going to try n lube the cable up. Maybe a new cable? If that don't work could there be an issue with the clutch? I know i got allot of questions but I'm new to these things.. thanks..

the diff cc domes change the compression ratio, lower num higher comp, id try to lube the cable first then if that doesnt help, pull the clutch cover off and check the clutch and springs, but its prob just a bad cable if its been sitting, and yes i would flush all the old fluid out and put new back in, dont want to take that chance, better safe than sorry, and you can check ebay for plastic and graphic kits they have alot on there.

and the compression should between 120-130, do both cylinders the same way and make sure they are close to each other, you dont want a big gap in the numbers between the two.

Sound good..I'll do compression test soon n get back to yas...as far as fluid your right.I'm going to change them all n be safe.. i flushed old gas out already n put new gas in.i used the old gas for my old snow blower the other day..its a two stroke snow blower.it ran fine lol. Every thing i seem to own is a two stroke...even my home made little log splitter lol..

Yeah I've spent the last three days reading up on this mod and 99% of the things i have read agree.. why do they even make these? I believe my top end is going to need to be redone..so i have 3 options. Re do it.. and i know once i commit to that i will also get the bug and start doing much more..i think it's called moditus? Lol. Or part it out. it has allot of good parts on her... but my third option is what from the shee if anything can i use on one of my blasters.. it has an extended durablue axle lonestar swing arm..renthal bars. Etc etc etc...so what from a shee could i use on a blasty if i go that route.?? Our i could just ride it as is and enjoy... what the deal was i basically bought a06 special edition blaster.and the guy needed$ badly so he basically threw in the banshee for free... it runs good.has lots of power shifts great but I'm sure it's going to need a top end soon.... also has a pro design cool head.n other odds and ends.. i know i tend to be all over the place when i type. So basically was wondering what parts from the shee can i use on the blaster
And if i do go the new top end route,, on average what type of expenses am i looking at..and how much time..just in general....thanks in advance guys..all opinions will be appreciated...

Rear axle, rear brakes with some fabrication, front shocks (which suck on a banshee, I don't see how they're any better on a blaster) Front brakes w/03+ spindles or Norman 420 spindles. That's about it.

As to rebuilding it, all depends on condition of cylinders. If they are fair shape as to round/taper, could just do rings. What is your comp at now? Hard to start?

As to parting it , guarenteed you'll have stuff just sitting around. I hate to see them being parted out.

Not so bad to start.maybe 3 kicks in this cold winter weather 4 at most..compression I'm not sure yet. Let my brother borrow my compression tester n now he can't find it, figures.. yeah i really don't want to part it out... i mean it runs great.. i was thinking just rings.how can i tell, round/taper. Something i can do myself or have to send it out..I'm pretty handy.just not the most familiar with two strokes. I'm an auto mechanic..and never worked on cylinders other than my kids little kitty cat.. and on that i just found a good set of rings and it runs like a champ. (Any parts on them little things are impossible find its a72) The kids beat on that little thing all day. (The sled i mean lol)... if it's running good now should i just ride it? Its has lots of power... if i had my shed/mini garage built already i would have had torn it down already and checked everything but as of now I'm working in the cold...,, maybe I'll put this one on the back burner for now till i have the proper space to do things right... what's worse that can happen if i just ride it like it is.i did a leak down test and all was good.... once i get my work space i will most likely do a full rebuild.. (i moved to a new house n have really no place to work on anything).but on flip side i got 19 acres to rip up...:),, so basically to start i can take off head n check the pistons n see if crank has any play? New gasket set and go from there i guess.. I'll take pics once i get the chance... I'm just not trying to empty my pocket..lol

i would deffinately rebuild it, banshees are great, and not hard to do at all, you can find full top end kits on ebay from all manufacturers a little cheaper than buying it through a site, and it sounds like its had a little work done on it and its not worth parting out( or i mean please dont do that) the kits are around 200 and id go the first oversize, find a good shop to bore it out, then put it back together and ENJOY! i love my blasters and banshees but when your out in the open on the banshee nothing compares to it, theyre fun on trails as well as long as its not very tight, but i can promise youll love it, maybe not even want to get back on the blaster.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it starts, it's got enough compression. If you're overly concerned pull the pipes and look at the piston/cyl. That will give you the best indication of wear.