Ball joints

timkei

Mar 29, 2020
I am reassembling my chassis, and I'm having trouble threading the castle nut onto the lower ball joint on the front wheel. The ball joint just spins when I try to tighten the nut. Any advice?

Lift up on the bottom a arm. Under the balljoint with a jack or something.it will usually push the tapered. Part in enough into tapered part of spindle to stop that from happening. Is it spinning trying to start the nut? Dinged/ damaged threads? Or on final tightening

Lift up on the bottom a arm. Under the balljoint with a jack or something.it will usually push the tapered. Part in enough into tapered part of spindle to stop that from happening. Is it spinning trying to start the nut? Dinged/ damaged threads? Or on final tightening
It is on the final tightening. I don't think the threads are damaged. Thanks. This is helpful. I'm going to try what you suggested.

Are you running out of thread?
I don't think so. I'll try what you suggested and I hope it will work. This is a project I'm doing with my 14-year-old son and we only get to it on weekends. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Slydog