b8es vs bR8es?

Outlawed Genetics

Jul 17, 2008
on my girls blaster when i use bR8es plugs it backfires and sputters and all sorts of stuff but with even a old used b8es it runs like a champ. any ideas?

doesn't the "r" stand for resistor?, and don't they cut down the voltage? = less spark?
anyone??, this is like the 3rd person recently askin about this br8 plug, where you guys gettin these and why??? the manual calls for a B8ES, not BR

The resistor actually enhances the spark, there is a split in the use of what plug the Blasters use, some use a resistor plug and some have resistor cap, if you use both it will cut the spark to crap!, I have the resistor cap on mine and if I use the BR8ES it runs like crap!

Everyone thinks the resistor is for "radio interference", that's TOTAL BS!, resistor or spiral core wire is for radio interference, the solid wire on the Blasters will still make noise on your radios regardless of the cap or plug!

That matches what a performance shop (FTZ) told me on 250R ignition. If you have the resistor cap, run a regular plug. If you have a resistor plug, run a regular plug cap. I don't know how to tell the difference in plug wires/caps, but it matches what the guy above me posted, so it must be right.

ok thats starting to make sense, is there a way to tell if you have a resistor cap, i've had 2 blasters a 96(8yrs.) and now my '01, and the b8es has run good in both, and who cares about radio interference on a quad???, maybe a car

So I actually ordered a whole pack of the B8ES for my rebuild and future repairs but was just watching a YouTube video that was saying 03+ call for the BR8ES. I’m an 06 So I guess now I have to decide whether to just get a new cap or order the resistor plugs

Just run the B8ES, I've never seen anyone say it ran like crap because of that plug

well double the resistance I don’t see a problem cuz you’ll just get more current. No resistance in the cap or plug you’ll get less current but still shouldn’t be a problem cuz it’s gonna be maintaining 12v regardless of the load and voltage determines arch strength and spark. The only factor I would think would be the ability to maintain the power output. Even with a dirty plug impact would be close to nothing I assume

I guess I could check to see what’s on it right now but it’s running and I’m replacing the top end soon anyway so I’ll address any problems during the build