AXLE STUCK!!!!!!!!One MAD Man $#@^

kazpa

Jan 6, 2009
R-vILLe, MO
So before I posted this I read every thread I could find about removing an axle from the bearing carrier. I have tried all methods with no success. Currently I am using about a 14'' piece of 1" pipe centered against my left side hub and beating the hell out of it with a 5pound sledge.(IS THIS THE BEST WAY?) The bearing carrier is still mounted to the swinger should i remove it? No success I have used PB Blaster hell even had my GF out there to assist and that ended in a fight cause I was quickly losing my temper. So basically I am asking at what point do I give up..? As I don't want to destroy my hub, axle, or threads. So is there any chance I could destroy something from beating away or just keep beating? I have read where numerous peeps are having the same problems but never see them post that they finally got it out. P.S. It's a '95 blaster btw and I dont have a torch so any other basic ways of applying heat? Any answer will help or atleast give me a piece of mind! Thanks so much in advance!!

Last edited:
i never got my old axle out of the carrier so im not real sure but i think on the older ones theres either a clip on the axle or it comes out from right to left because i beat mine on the left side untill the castle nut an threads it goes onto were all one hunk of metal an it still didnt budge but the brake hub slid off the right side after i took off the ruber boots so you might try beating on the other side a lil bit an see what happens

just curious if you pulled the C clip out. its hard to see it do to the rubber boots but there is one there and it wont budge with that in place. i learned the hard way. lol

NO haven't removed a C-clip as my Clymer Manual does'nt say anything of the sorts. Again my quad is a '95 so do I have a C-clip and if so wear and what does it look like? And if I am beating the digested food out of this thing with the cclip still intact have i ruined anything and/or what do I need to look for to see if I have damaged anything? thanks for your time

P.S. Beating from the sprocket side to have the axle exit the carrier on the brake disc side is correct, right? And nothing is installed on my axle besides the left side hub everything else has been removed except the dust cover on the R-side of the axle which is pressed on.

im thinking its behind the brake calliper tucked up in the edge of the carrier should be a little thin piece of metal going around the edge with 2 little tabs on the ends with holes in them you need to pull the holes towards each other and pull it out at the same time kinda a pain if you dont have the tool

Reactions: Cheese98
it should come right out man when if you everything removed from the axle besides just the hub.... because i tore mine out about a few months ago... my problem was getting the sprocket hub off then we just put an old socket on a nut on my left side of the axle and kept beating and it finally came out it was so corroded with rust and dirt so it made it hard

a 2000 wont have a snap ring. as it stands you will need to replace the bearings and seals. the carrier will come off the sprocket side. first spray it with pb blaster of other penetrating oil and let it sit overnite. now take a torch, propane in thats all you have , pop out the seals and heat the bearing/axle on the sprocket side as hot as you can get it. place the axel upright with the endo on a big block of wood so you dont tweak the threads, sprocket side down and start smacking the brake side of the carrier driving the carrier down on the axle. it may take a few heat beat cycles but it will break free. when you put it back together grease all metal to metal contact points and take it apart and regrease once or twice a year so the problemn doesnt happen again.

Thanks to all. And to you phragle are you saying that all Blasters year 2000 and before dont have this snap ring/C-clip? As mine is a '95

hey man slow down a notch. one side of the axle has a raised spacer type deal and it will NOT go out that way. you've tried both sides right? i forget which side that spacers on but i know i tappedi t a few times, flipped it and when i flipped it it slid right off and it was because of that spacer that is part of the axle.

Thanks to all. And to you phragle are you saying that all Blasters year 2000 and before dont have this snap ring/C-clip? As mine is a '95

its been a long time but if I remember right the non hydros actually have a raised part on the brake side as opposed to a snap ring..they may have changed it somewhere along the line but thats the way they were.. mind you I havent messed with a stock blaster axle since..uhmmm 89.

^ my 01 didnt have a clip, it was tapered inside the carrier and had basically a bushing on the axle and would only go out one way, cant remeber what way but i never had anyclips but i also pressed mine out! WD40, a lil heat(torch) and it pressed right out!

You should be able to take the caliper off the carrier, take both nuts off the axle and drive the axle out toward the brake side. Make sure the sprocket carrier is off too. There is a raised side of the axle where the seals ride on for the bearing carrier. It should come out. The spacer in the middle might be rusted to the axle but it will all come out..
30c7j1l.jpg

C-clip man you a crazy there is no c-clip on the rear axle or carrier. Thats what the 2 big nuts are for.

mines was so bad,i got a grinder and grinded the bearing carrier in half,then took if off and beat the carrier right off of it,now i have to get a new carrier for an 03 anyone ever heard of ""MAGNUM CARRIER MADE BY RAD MANUFACTURING. TAPERED BEARING CARRIER FOR THE 03-06 YAMAHA BLASTER 200"" any help would be great