AWK's wild ride II

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
when ken oconnor and crew, and slickerthanyou and son came down to ride "awk mountain" in july, ken referred to it as "awks wild ride"
well blasterfreek and his new jersey crew, including supernoober and i'm sure slickerthanyou and troutfisherman (his son) have expressed interest in having one more blast before winter, AWKS wild ride II
talked to freek today and came up with a tenative date of the 3rd weekend in october ?????
looks like thats the same weekend (oct 15, 16, 17) ???? that darederek just posted as the "mountain ridge fall foilage ride"
which is a nice place, but $15 per person per day, and an additional $5 for the guided nite tour ????? plus numerous rules to abide by.

"awks wild ride II" will include primative campsite in the middle of nowhere,
guarenteed way more riding area than any organized site,
wont costs a dime for riding privilages,
outlaw style (rules??? what rules !!!)
and plenty of beer in the evenings i'm sure, and god knows all kinda good eats, possibly even some speidies if noobs makes it ????

so anyone in this area or willing to make one last road trip before winter is welcome to come and ride/camp
one day riders welcome also, we'll all just ride down the mountain at a specified meeting time and place ????

this is all within a 10 - 15 minute ride of my house, fuel, convenience stores, beer distributor, ect

Last edited:
Got it on the calendar! For sure! But I get a preview ride this weekend bitches!!! nah- nah- nah- nah- nah!

heres a few maps i pulled up to show how much area we're talkin here, everything inside the red lines is rideable..................
24m6us1.jpg

i used the address of a local atv/bike repair shop as the address.......
audi's powersports, 1234 st. clair rd. johnstown, PA. 15906 (star on the map)
which is right at the base of the mountain, and rideable to.

heres the mapquest map of the area, switch to aerial veiw, and zoom out to get an idea of just how big this mountain is, plenty of trails, fire roads, wooded trails, technical rocky sh*t, strip mines, small flat track, jumps, mud holes, stream crossings, hill climbs, power lines, gas lines ect. ect.
you name it, it's here !!!

mapquest link......
Map of 1234 Saint Clair Rd Johnstown, Pennsylvania by MapQuest

If I'm welcome I'd like to come? Is this going to be a tent event, or hotel? Doesn't matter either way, just curious.

If I'm welcome I'd like to come? Is this going to be a tent event, or hotel? Doesn't matter either way, just curious.

come one, come all
personally i'd like to see a bigger lineup than the 12 blasters at busco !!!!!
weather cooperating it's gonna be a tent event, but there are some hotels within 10 minutes drive of the mountain, a super8, holiday inn,
and one "el cheapo" place
bikes/trailers can be left at my house overnite for safety if you choose the hotel route

I'd love to come but I doubt my jeep will fit in the trails probably too narrow lol

theres tons of riding for jeeps, 4x4's, theres actually a few local off road clubs seen cruising around up there, and locals always 4 wheelin and party'in

you might even get to finally ride a blaster, hahahaaaaaa

theres tons of riding for jeeps, 4x4's, theres actually a few local off road clubs seen cruising around up there, and locals always 4 wheelin and party'in

you might even get to finally ride a blaster, hahahaaaaaa

haha man if i can be there i will be there then for sure but idk long drive and my mom flips out says im too young and inexperienced i'm like bah f*ck that lol but lol

don't think you want me on ported blasters when i never even got the chance to ride my own lol I'll flip that thing or stall it out in 2 seconds lol you guys will be dieing laughing

i'm starting a list here of possible riders, to be contacted when this gets close

yes bronco, you've gotta make it, if even just for one of the days !!!!!!!!

Count me in as 100%. I'm a rain or shine rider, and plan on camping. I can also bring plenty of food and drink in the truck. It's only about a 5 hour drive for me.

looking to be about a 3 hour drive for me so I'm a slight possibility but most likely no just because of money and parents

Count me in as 100%. I'm a rain or shine rider, and plan on camping. I can also bring plenty of food and drink in the truck. It's only about a 5 hour drive for me.

get in touch with blasterfreek30, they are in NJ, dont know how many truck or trailers full of bikes he's bringing, but may be up for a car-pool, or at least a blaster convoy down the pa turnpike

Last edited:
o i see how it is dont even get an invite when u were just here not to long ago lol afraid that my brakes mine quit working while im there and you gota help fix them again lol

personlly id much rather trailride at heilwood at tricounty atv over mountainrdge anyday of the week plus tricounty has a nice setup for camping alot of other stuff going on and a beautiful 500 foot dirt drag strip to play on( ilove those giant rolling hills you can fly up and down too).. mountainridge is okay for utility machines but it has gotten strict since the windmills went up and its mcuh more family based these days im not even sure if yo u can have alcohol on premises anymore but i could be wrong