ATC 250r

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
Well, im in the market for one been looking around pricing and trying to do some research on them. Well a couple people have posted threads about them and seemed like many people had some knowledge on them. heres my questions
air cooled or water cooler for reliability/power
years were better for suspension i know they changed shocks between 83/84
Was there any factory defects to look for like a very common problem
also are these decent trail bikes? and how do they compare to the 350x i would rather stay away from 4 pokes and valves.

I DONT WANNA HEAR HOW DANGEROUS THEY ARE AND THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM FOR A REASON ETC......

3 wheelers are bad ummmkaaayy......lol na id love to have another 250r great for everything but dont put a 350x out of it tho, they are a bad ass ride. i will own a 350 x one day. i had the water cooled when i had one and never had a problem with it.

haha The blaster is deffinantly staying for awhile. And im leaning towards a 250r just becuase of how bad ass and seems like there really dependable. im hoping to find a decent shape one for around 700 and ive found a few just to damn far away. But any other opinions?

i'd go 85-86 water cooled myself, but only because of the 6spd tranny and best suspension of all the years. oh yeah, those 350x's aren't nothing to sleep on. both are badass machines, but i'll give the edge to the 250r.

i'd go 85-86 water cooled myself, but only because of the 6spd tranny and best suspension of all the years. oh yeah, those 350x's aren't nothing to sleep on. both are badass machines, but i'll give the edge to the 250r.

suspension and 6 speed tranny would be nice but how dependable are the water cooled models? i probably will try and get anyone thats good shape in my price range becuase there isnt a bunch out there to choose from. hah