Anybody seen or use this axle lock nut?

looks good to me, i might try one on the black bike, tired of fooling with the stockers coming loose

I guess it'd be kinda hard to get a proper torque with yours bronco. Would I still need to get the wrenches to get a proper torque with this one I'm looking at?

and I don't have to spend 30 bucks on wrenches either, I hope, as per my last question will I have to tighten this to a specific torque against the sprocket hub or will I just have to wait for instructions to find that out. Maybe use a big wrench and pound it with my foot :D. How did you do yours bronco? especially without being able too wrench it

I hated the double stock nuts, i had to use a bag AZZ wrench with a big AZZ pipe wrench to get them off. and they were beat to hell from the wrenches. Dont wast your time trying to paint them because you are going to kill the paint when you put them on.
With the lock nut i have now i just need a allen wrench and the rod wrench that came with it. My Axle lock nut and roundhouse carrier use the same rod wrench.

Well I guess this kinda locknut doesn't need to be that tight to the hub since with the stockers you actually loosen the inner nut to lock the two in place?

and I don't have to spend 30 bucks on wrenches either, I hope, as per my last question will I have to tighten this to a specific torque against the sprocket hub or will I just have to wait for instructions to find that out. Maybe use a big wrench and pound it with my foot :D. How did you do yours bronco? especially without being able too wrench it

to remove the stock nuts, especially the first time, i recommend having a buddy help hold the bike, a propane torch on the nuts, and a long azz cheater bar on the pipe wrench.

all that will disappear when you get a modern, clamping style nut :)
i tighten mine until i feel the sprocket start to get slightly harder to turn, back it off a little until it spins freely, then......
set it and forget it :)

or, we could put thousands of dollars in other modern aftermarket parts on these things, but keep some jam nuts from the stone ages to hold our axles in ?

AHA thanks. I got my old ones off months ago when I first tore it down. I have some big channel locks and pipe wrenches luckily. Now I wonder if I can get $30 out of the stock on ebay to buy this lol jk

100_7328.JPG
Well I guess this kinda locknut doesn't need to be that tight to the hub since with the stockers you actually loosen the inner nut to lock the two in place?

What i have is the Modquad double locking axle nut for a banshee. I cant find the directions, I dont remember that well, But i think you just go tight enough so you dont feel any play left to right, then tighten down the alen bolts so it dont spin.

I know that they are not to last a lifetime but..Does not some of the damage stated describe not using the proper torque and procedure ? Like using a pipe wrench instead of a torque wrench and jumping on it ? I see the shop manual says the 2 bolts have a torque setting of 140 ft lbs and 170 ft lbs. If red or green lock-tite is used it has to be heated to be removed with a torch. Would that not hold ? Just sayin...

Ask yourself how many kids or there dads or atv riders have 2 of the right size wrenches, or even the right torque wrench to do it!
I was a kid the first time me and my dad took apart the rear end to grease it after the first week of riding on my new blaster. We borrowed the right tools, it did not help! There was no way in hell to get it apart without a long pipe on the end of the wrench. If i have to jump on a wrench then im going to jump on a pipe wrench or crescent wrench or the right size wrench NOT a torque wrench.

If you get a Modquad double locking axle nut then all you need is a allen wrench or torque wrench with allen socket and rod wrench. Its just way to easy!

That's where I'm at, it $30 for 50mm wrenches with some hard to get off nuts or $30 for an easy nut, seems kinda obvious to me. Granted if I had 3 or 4 quads it might be a different story.