Any one have a lowerd blaster

dnoftz

Aug 9, 2011
Fremont OH
So i whuld like to lower my blaster.any one have one that is lowered and have some pics. also is there a DIY for lowering it. I see the kits on ebay any one have one and if so How do they work can you send me pics to show me. Thanks guys

So i whuld like to lower my blaster.any one have one that is lowered and have some pics. also is there a DIY for lowering it. I see the kits on ebay any one have one and if so How do they work can you send me pics to show me. Thanks guys

why??????????????

i have one of the lowering kits. they are only for flat track though. the link that lowers the rear is NOT any good for jumping. when the front and rear are installed you can drag frame if you want to. basically makes the bottom of the frame about an inch off the ground. also one thing that i liked about it was that the front gets widened about 2.5 inches. DO NOT USE LOWERING KIT FOR TRAIL RIDING!!!

these appear to be the strongest front lowering blocks available, they actually encourage you to jump on them .............

blasterpropg

I want to lower it because I want to take it to a drag racing track just fig it whuld help me keep it on the ground.

i have one of the lowering kits. they are only for flat track though. the link that lowers the rear is NOT any good for jumping. when the front and rear are installed you can drag frame if you want to. basically makes the bottom of the frame about an inch off the ground. also one thing that i liked about it was that the front gets widened about 2.5 inches. DO NOT USE LOWERING KIT FOR TRAIL RIDING!!!

Got any pics of it

I want to lower it because I want to take it to a drag racing track just fig it whuld help me keep it on the ground.

How serious are you about getting into drag racing? If you're mildly serious, strut it. They can be made cheap, they'll last forever, and easily swappable.

If you're REALLY serious about it, find some Marvin shaw drag shocks and slap those puppies on. They're about 3" shorter than stock blaster shocks (for a lowered stance) and are fully pneumatic/oil (require no external spring) and adjustable. They don't ride good, but they take up the beating without giving up too much "set"

89-90 suzuki lt250s shocks, front and back will drop you out by 2-3 inches in back and 1 1/2-2 inches in front. they are a direct bolt in with a few washers/spacers. the rear is a adj res shock and the fronts are just adj like blaster shocks are. the suzukis are also much softer and give a quality ride. ill throw pics up soon. also a rear showa shock off a 200x or 350x will work, but it will drop you out like 4-5 inchs in back.

Ok thanks guys. I actual have a 200x parts machine here as well as a moto4 ytm200 parts machine as well will have to see how they fit, But im also looking at making a extended swinger so i can keep the power to the wheels.

How serious are you about getting into drag racing? If you're mildly serious, strut it. They can be made cheap, they'll last forever, and easily swappable.

If you're REALLY serious about it, find some Marvin shaw drag shocks and slap those puppies on. They're about 3" shorter than stock blaster shocks (for a lowered stance) and are fully pneumatic/oil (require no external spring) and adjustable. They don't ride good, but they take up the beating without giving up too much "set"

Is there a DIY or vid on how to do this

Is there a DIY or vid on how to do this

On which part? MS shocks or making struts?

Struts can be made by taking a piece of 1" square mild steel tubing and cutting it to length and drilling a hole in each end but that's kind of the ghetto way of doing it. The best way is done with a welder and tubing notcher.

A small diameter piece of tubing is cut to length to fit inside the a-arm mount and frame mount and then a piece of steel tubing is cut to fit between them so that the frame sits at the perfect height. What you end up with is sort of a "dogbone" arrangement that you bolt in, in place of the shocks.