any 06 white blaster with black rims ?

Seblaster-SA

Oct 31, 2011
hey guys ... i just wana knw if any1 has an 06 blaster white with gloss black rims or any other colour ... i am going to spray mines soon soo i need some options ... please post your pics of white blasters with what ever colour it has thankss ... cheers I:I

This is the way I succesfully painted my rims on my 03.

First, Make sure your rims are SPOTLESS. Clean the sh*t out of them, I cleaned them with windex and engine degreaser.

Next, sand them down with 200-400 grit sandpaper, this will get rid of most of the old paint but at the same time give the rims a smooth finish for the paint.

Then, if your tires are still connected to the rim, make sure you cover up and of the rubber with tape, preferrably painters tape. Its easy to put on and easy to take off.

Then, spray your rims with primer. I used special metal primer, you can use something similar. I did 2 coats of it.

Next, Get your gloss black, and start painting the rims. Make sure you are not too close to the rim, this will lead to an uneven coat of paint and there will be sections on the rim that will have more paint than others. You want to stay about 10 inches away from the rim while spraying. This will put on a nice even coat of paint without getting all drippy and grosse. Do about 3 -5 coats. BUT make sure you let each coat of paint dry FULLY until you add another one, if you dont, the paint will dry on top of the wet layer, and get all crinkly and ugly.

When your done with gloss black, spray 2 coats of clear over the black. This will make a glossier finish and provide SOME protection from the elements.

Let it all dry for at least 24 hours before puting them back on.

Use prepsol or thinners to wipe down the surface prior to painting.

Never touch the surface with your hands as body grease will be left on the surface.

The primer should be fully rubbed back with 800 wet and dry paper to provide a bond for the next coat.

A good way to see if you have fully abraded the primer is to blow a light dust of dark paint on and then rub back until the dust coat has dissapeared.

If you leave the top coats to fully dry they should be busted back with 800 wet and dry between each coat to again provide a key for the next coat.

The same applies to the clearcoat.

If you use a wet on wet method care must be taken not to over load the application as runs and sags may appear.

More paint is not usually the best because as it is thicker, therefore less flexible and prone to chipping.

It is far better to make the paint cover with the least applications as you can, this can be done by using an obliterating undercoat close to the finish colour.