American Star +3 up 1 a-arms

Blastie240

Oct 21, 2012
Hey guys just bought a totaly modded out and race ready 2005 blaster for 1400. Its going to need some front end work starting at the wheelbearings,stearing bushings, ball joints (a-arms), and tie rod ends. All said and done everything else is tight on the bike its just the front end but Are these american star a-arms any good? easy to put on (any modifications)
need to be done? I have the bike at the garage I work at so I have access To that kind of stuff. Just woundering how involved it gets and if i should pack anything with grease? ect..... also alignments on these same as say a car when I put the new a-arms and tie rods on? any help is greatly apreciated!I:I -----heres the link to them Yamaha Blaster 3 Up 1 in Pro x Racing A Arms by American Star | eBay

-EZ

Last edited by a moderator:
ASR's are the best a-arms available for the blaster in my opinion
they take some tweaking to adjust properly, but are as easy as stock arms to bolt on

ASR's are the best a-arms available for the blaster in my opinion
they take some tweaking to adjust properly, but are as easy as stock arms to bolt on

That is encouraging, I have just bought a set with some stage 1 elkas however i was originally considering atvforeplay's at a higher cost but the price tag threw it for me. As soon as i get them tomorrow ill review them :D

If you don't mind can I have a run down of how u have yours set up as and like a little step by step type of things to go threw like camber,caster heel toe ect. would be awesome!

Thats the kicker for me at this point is if i can set them up properly or I bolt a pair of stockers on there

here's a little info from lonestar racing explaining the caster/camber/toe adjustments............

http://www.lsracing.com/img/Guide_21.pdf

i'm not positive that lsr's specs will work exactly for the asr's
but you'll at least learn about what all the settings are.
i'm on the hunt for asr specific specs ???

Last edited:
Reactions: Mexifreak 299
here's a little info from lonestar racing explaining the caster/camber/toe adjustments............

http://www.lsracing.com/img/Guide_21.pdf

i'm not positive that lsr's specs will work exactly for the asr's
but you'll at least learn about what all the settings are.
i'm on the hunt for asr specific specs ???

If you find any ASR-specific specs, let me know!

Ive been running a set of those ASR A-arms for a year now, and I love them. They are built strong (survived Awk Mountain no problem), look good, and are easy to put on. The black PC finish still looks good after a year of hard riding, muddy trails, and being put away wet at times.

I've adjusted my camber and alignment with just a tape measure and some patience. A concrete floor makes getting the settings exactly right much easier. Im sure my front end isn't 100% set correctly, but it is very close and rides well. Im still fine-tuning things.

Hey guys just bought a totaly modded out and race ready 2005 blaster for 1400. Its going to need some front end work starting at the wheelbearings,stearing bushings, ball joints (a-arms), and tie rod ends. All said and done everything else is tight on the bike its just the front end but Are these american star a-arms any good? easy to put on (any modifications)
need to be done? I have the bike at the garage I work at so I have access To that kind of stuff. Just woundering how involved it gets and if i should pack anything with grease? ect..... also alignments on these same as say a car when I put the new a-arms and tie rods on? any help is greatly apreciated!I:I -----heres the link to them Yamaha Blaster 3 Up 1 in Pro x Racing A Arms by American Star | eBay

-EZ
Hi and welcome, i am also getting a set this week should be here Thursday but i am using yzf450r front shocks on mine but again i will let you know how i go with them, as far as i know from reading on here they are the best value for money so i am hoping they are easy to set up i was looking at this it kinda give you a idea of what to do

http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/guide-setting-up-your-front-suspension-49171/

Hope this helps ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
i got my a arms and elkas today and they do come with a small guide how to set them up, the guide is a bit like that lsr one that awk posted. i will get a few pics up on here soon

sweet bro thanks and I will here to. and will my works shocks work with them? and wont yfz 450 shocks not work because there long travel?

thos arms look pretty dam,n good and the price is for sure a bonus. iirc your ooking for and 13.25 shock length for stock travel which looking at your lnk there you are getting the stock travel arms? long travel will most likely require longer fronts... i beleive...

i got my a arms and elkas today and they do come with a small guide how to set them up, the guide is a bit like that lsr one that awk posted. i will get a few pics up on here soon

get them instructions copied and pasted into here, or pm them to me, i will put them in their own thread for future reference

pics

The shocks arnt long travel are they:(

16902_519030414792790_721940037_n.jpg

66357_519030821459416_1778778387_n.jpg

302747_519030648126100_734659216_n.jpg

430165_519030201459478_613698423_n.jpg

548671_519030274792804_734203589_n.jpg

578611_519030521459446_1111384798_n.jpg

578941_519030481459450_1101145090_n.jpg

so I got my arms today and I was looking threw them and do they have a-arm bushings in them ?