Airbox lid airflow mod

warmeck

Dec 25, 2012
Connecticut
so i am wondering what size drill bit i have to use to drill a circle in the airbox lid to increase the airflow? also if i do this what else would i have to do to accommodate for it. heres some pics!

IMAG0342_zps2228ffea.jpg

IMAG0343_zps251d5198.jpg

also if you could show me in paint where i would drill the wholes im thinking inbetween the squares?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those outerwears covers are nice, they allow virtually the same amount of air flow as removing the lid but offer filtration. The only thing that scares me with those are their ability to filter water ... I know they're water RESISTANT but with the riding I do in mud, puddles and creeks I would almost guarantee dangerous amounts of water would make its way into my motor. The Uni vents have removable filters that can be oiled, and I use Maxima FFT which is dust and water PROOF. Before you purchase the outerwears I would strongly consider your style of riding and make sure that is the route you want to go !

ok ik this thread is old but for all u guys why would u cut drill holes in the airbox lid why not drill the holes in the bottom of airbox thers already 1 hole in the bottom to drain any water that may make its way into the airbox

ok ik this thread is old but for all u guys why would u cut drill holes in the airbox lid why not drill the holes in the bottom of airbox thers already 1 hole in the bottom to drain any water that may make its way into the airbox

Because there's supposed to be a valve on the hole you squeeze to let water out. Top area is somewhat protected by the seat. Most save the money for the vents and just remove the lid. Either way you must re-jet. More air=more fuel :D