Air Shrouds

Quadlover309

Aug 25, 2014
Does anyone know if air shrouds make a difference when cooling the motor? My blaster will run alot but when i stop it seems like it is burning hot and over heating. Others were saying about air shrouds but im not sure if they would make a difference or not or even if i could put some type of cooling system on would be great.

Thanks

Investigate why it may be running hot first, it could be running lean, it could have an air leak.

Unless you have a restriction in front of the engine, or are working the engine hard at low speed there is usually ample air to cool.

I mean like it runs pretty good but like after running it for about an hour or 2 the pipe is burning hot.

I ran shrouds. I saw a 3 degrees lower after an hour of hard riding with them on. Measured at the cylinder.

I like cause they look bad ass, not cause they do much.

Those sit way far back and it looks like the left side would get slow warm air from around the pipe and then blow it over the back side of the motor and carb.

Might be the angle.

When you get that baby done take em off. Run hard for an hour, get a cylinder temp. Cool it off put em on, repeat.

I would love to see how they compare.

Those sit way far back and it looks like the left side would get slow warm air from around the pipe and then blow it over the back side of the motor and carb.

exactly why i designed my own, that gather and flow air under the pipe to the cylinder

this one is actually angled more now, this was as i was test fitting them
kagzkg.jpg

jgmghu.jpg

Yeah the blocks aren't any better. they blow colder air over the exhaust as well.
I think we should get some comparisons from you too awk.

This would be good info to know especially for the would be racers.

I'd be interested to know exactly how much of a difference they make. I can't see the shrouds making a huge difference, and I definitely can't see them saving your motor from a temp related failure. Just doesn't seem like they would direct THAT MUCH air to make a huge difference.

I would think there's ample air to cool the motor just by riding. I never used shrouds and never had a problem, except when I was pinned in 18 inches of snow in third gear not moving.... obviously that was just a dumb idea to take the blaster out in that much snow to begin with.

If you do a lot of riding where you're barely moving, I could see it helping a little bit there since there's not much air moving around the motor and the shrouds would direct SOME air at low speeds.

I will say that it's nice not having to worry anymore with my RM. I still stop every twenty minutes or so just to let the motor cool off out of habit just to be safe, but having a radiator is really nice.

Reactions: Quadlover309
Thanks Bronco that was intresting and actually im on this group on facebook with others and a guy found that you can change the head system and run an air cooler on it but i think im going to do both because it seems like the shrouds make alittle difference for directing air flow but the cooler will help too. So i think im going to do both

Yeah apparently u can change it like ill put the link out
http://crossman11.tripod.com/id5.html

oh yeah, we've seen those liquid cooling heads for sale, yet i don't know anyone on here running one, or if that website is still even active and the guy still selling them.
tell your buddy to email the guy first to see if he gets a reply, before forking over $

my confusion was with your post.... " run an air cooler on it"

Oh sorry i meant im going to run liquid cooler but i was seeing if i could get an air cooler but i found this and yeah i know he told me so i think im going to see about it when i get the money

How hot, and why does it get so hot that you need liquid cooling on a blaster?

only running in dunes would i run liquid cooling.

both of my blasters came with the scoops, both of them i have had LRD pipes (like pictured) that will block probably 90% of the extra air from the pipe side
i took the right side off my white blaster, and will probably do the same to this one. since the left one is broke, i will do modifying
anyone with a right bend pipe would experience this and need to move the scoop or do something.

right now im working on making my maiar hood into a better wind tunnel, will have pictures and explanation in my thread "herpes came back"